Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this Christmas present. A giant wallet with a chain. It's an Indian themed item so it's got some cool to it but I'm I tiny wallet guy.

So I take the chain off and now I think maybe this setup will help keep me from losing that ole fob....we'll see

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've had one like that since last year at Daytona when a lady rider had dropped her key in a very deep manhole. Works well for th efob.

Attachments

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Ok look, You didn't hear this from me but wearing a chain drive anything on your RIGHT side is transmitting a message.
Not that there is anything wrong with transmitting a message.
But uh.....ya know, it's like getting your right ear pierced.

Now I am part of the right handed majority in this country and I understand how wearing a chain drive wallet on your right hip is just second nature. I do carry my wallet in my right hip pocket. I don't advertise that though. And my left ear is pierced, not my right ear.....just so we got that STRAIGHT.....ya know what I'm saying?....Just so we got that STRAIGHT.

Not that there is anything wrong with being not STRAIGHT about something, or anything, or nothing or....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok look, You didn't hear this from me but wearing a chain drive anything on your RIGHT side is transmitting a message.

Now I am part of the right handed majority in this country and I understand how wearing a chain drive wallet on your right hip is just second nature. I do carry my wallet in my right hip pocket. I don't advertise that though. And my left ear is pierced, not my right ear.....just so we got that STRAIGHT.....ya know what I'm saying?....Just so we got that STRAIGHT.

Not that there is anything wrong with being not STRAIGHT about something, or anything, or nothing or....
Oh crap! BD I never wore a chain before and I didn't know...

But that fob fits nice in the coin pocket...crud.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I got this Christmas present. A giant wallet with a chain. It's an Indian themed item so it's got some cool to it but I'm I tiny wallet guy.

So I take the chain off and now I think maybe this setup will help keep me from losing that ole fob....we'll see

Some people tuck the fob into the backrest flap to keep from losing it. Whatever works. I like the key chain idea though

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I got this Christmas present. A giant wallet with a chain. It's an Indian themed item so it's got some cool

Great Key chain, nice re-purposing job
:)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Nothing wrong with being straight I been straight all my life
CLACK, CLACK

·
Registered
166 Posts
Isn't tuckink the fob into the seat akin to leaving the key in the bike?
I agree, since our Indians security system is the key fob. This should never be left with the bike (i.e. tucked into the flap of the backrest). It should always be with the rider.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts

Yeah, and if you wipe down your bike, be careful not to put the rag into your back pocket, especially the right pocket. By all means, make sure you don't use one of those yellow microfiber towels and stick it into your right back pocket.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but the plastic on my FOB is not holding up real well. It is cracking all along the seam. I suspect it is not long for this world so I am trying to ween myself from FOB dependence. I probably should quit carrying it all together and save it for good.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Keep the FOB on your person. I know a gentleman that hid it on his bike. Good idea until we came out of the diner and it was no longer there. All the thief had to do was sit on my friend's bake, start it and drive away. Maybe a minute and it was gone.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
The FOB doesn't know who holds it and the bike only cares if it's close enough to detect.

·
Registered
504 Posts

BD, can you still be straight & wear your pants down below your arse? Just ask'n cause I'm still try'n to figger them guys out, whether they be ok or not!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
BD, can you still be straight & wear your pants down below your arse? Just ask'n cause I'm still try'n to figger them guys out, whether they be ok or not!
It started as a trend after prison, due to the missing belt, you were a danger back on the block if your pants were low and your shoes had no laces. My brother in law is a guard, they see all the new " fashion " b-4 the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts