Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone.

I made the mistake of stopping by the local Indian dealer with a buddy. First bike I saw was a Dark Horse Springfield, JD edition. The color was amazing, but what was even more amazing were the lines of the bike. I looked at the DH Springfields on the showroom floor and absolutely fell in love.

I like to go on long rides. I've done 1200+ miles (Tucson to San Antonio) in 16 hours. The Springfield has everything I put on a bike with the exception of wind protection. I see Indian offers a 13 inch barn door. I'm wondering if they have anything smaller. Windshields tend to blow my beard up into my face.

Anyway, I'm thinking of trading my '14 M109R BOSS (set up for touring) and my '09 Victory Hammer for this bike. Three bikes are too many, but two is good. I'm keeping my Raider. She's too pretty to trade.

Soooo.... I joined this forum for information. Thanks in advance.

·
Rider
588 Posts
Wish I could have kept my Raider, it was a beautiful bike. But I log way more miles in my Indian because it is that much more comfortable! Do it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Raider is very comfortable. Last September I rode to Sturgis. About a five day ride round trip. The Raider is what I rode to San Antonio. It needs Apes. :)

I like the Springfield because it looks a lot like the Raider. Long, low, heavy, and FAST.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First off, welcome!

My Indian journey started the same way as yours. A buddy talked me into going to the Indian Sturgis dealership "just to look" two months ago... I signed the papers on a Scout Bobber yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome!
Windshields tend to blow my beard up into my face
I ride a Roadmaster and no longer have a beard, so take this with as much salt as you need.
My wife has both a Fatboy w/windshield and Chieftain DH. For her, both would buffet her helmet. After riding the Fatboy, I understood. Fork mounted wind deflectors are now on both bikes. Buffeting is gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've experienced what you're talking about. I don't wear a helmet, but the buffeting would shake my sunglasses so bad I could hardly see. After trial and error, I decided that keeping the pressure off the chest was good enough and haven't looked back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts