Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In discussions with other Chapters throughout Florida we are trying to find out if how many chapters would be interested in doing a "Florida Meet & Greet" in mid September? The area for the meetup that has been discussed is in the Lake City area of the state. We understand this would be a drive for the new chapters in Miami & Treasure Coast.
We are looking at initially a Saturday-Sunday type of meet up just to see what kind of response we would get and it would allow chapters to interact with each other. If we got enough interest, I would be willing to reach out to the visitors bureau to try to secure discount pricing for hotel rooms and work with them to find a restaurant that we could all have dinner together, as an "Indian Family".

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Lake City is a great area. 27 years there. Friendly people and great riding.

Reactions: Jenm2005

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Why not do it next March (2018) during the 2nd Annual Indian Motorcycle Pow-Wow, in Chiefland?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baldrider - I believe I saw on here that they are working on trying to start a chapter in Jacksonville.

GySgt perfect, stay tuned to here or the Facebook page for details as they come out.

EskimoQuinn, We are trying to do something outside of a rally so that Florida chapters can talk among each other and share ideas of what works for recruiting members and what doesn't. This also give us a chance to get to know each other before we are bombarded by rally traffic. Also, please don't take this the wrong way but having something that is not during a rally or event time will allow us to get better prices for hotel rooms. Let's face it, hotels jack their prices during events and with the Pow-Wow being right after Daytona a lot of people will be tapped out.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Baldrider - I believe I saw on here that they are working on trying to start a chapter in Jacksonville.

GySgt perfect, stay tuned to here or the Facebook page for details as they come out.

EskimoQuinn, We are trying to do something outside of a rally so that Florida chapters can talk among each other and share ideas of what works for recruiting members and what doesn't. This also give us a chance to get to know each other before we are bombarded by rally traffic. Also, please don't take this the wrong way but having something that is not during a rally or event time will allow us to get better prices for hotel rooms. Let's face it, hotels jack their prices during events and with the Pow-Wow being right after Daytona a lot of people will be tapped out.
Understood, and didn't take it the wrong way. I agree. But the Pow-Wow was WAY different. It wasn't (and won't be) a "rally". It was a laid back, informal gathering of Indians. Not much regimented activities - except the Smudging of the bikes and the RLAP course. Next year, if we do it in Chiefland, will be on the last weekend of Daytona, so folks can budget time and money.

We organizers of the Pow-Wow don't want a large rally. We wish to keep commercialization to a minimum, no outside influences, etc., - particularly forums. The three organizers desire to keep it free, simple and informal. I patterned the idea off of IIRA gatherings of the same intent. For purposes of a collaboration of IMRG chapters, the pow-Wow might be appealing for those reasons. It was just a suggestion. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
In discussions with other Chapters throughout Florida we are trying to find out if how many chapters would be interested in doing a "Florida Meet & Greet" in mid September? The area for the meetup that has been discussed is in the Lake City area of the state. We understand this would be a drive for the new chapters in Miami & Treasure Coast.
We are looking at initially a Saturday-Sunday type of meet up just to see what kind of response we would get and it would allow chapters to interact with each other. If we got enough interest, I would be willing to reach out to the visitors bureau to try to secure discount pricing for hotel rooms and work with them to find a restaurant that we could all have dinner together, as an "Indian Family".
Did you end up doing this last year...doing again this year?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why not include the Indian independent. I know that I got my initial with bike purchase 1 year membership but was never able to get in touch with the local chapter. So why would anyone renew and actually pay to be a member of a group that essentially doesn't exist? It doesn't mean that I wouldn't love the opportunity to ride with others with classy taste class and superior intelligece like Indian riders, just saying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts