Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to add a Kuryakyn heel shifter. Unfortunately, I do not have a tool to use to remove the the floorboard bracket. Does anyone know the size tool that is needed? Picture attached. For the record I am not motorcycle maintenance savvy. However, I am trying to learn.

·
Registered
213 Posts
8mm Allen. Course it's a great summer evening and after a couple of cold ones, I could be wrong, but try that.
Good for you on trying to learn.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8mm Allen. Course it's a great summer evening and after a couple of cold ones, I could be wrong, but try that.
Good for you on trying to learn.
Enjoy the ride.
Thank you! I’ll hit up the store tomorrow and buy every size Allen I can find just in case lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just did this mod a few nights ago, and I think 8mm is right. I know it's metric, not freedom units. Don't overtighten there, or on the smaller bolts (5mm allen I think) that connect the heel shifter - kuryakyn put the blue locktite on the bolt, so it's not gonna come loose. Also, don't sweat the shift linkage too much. Mine stayed the same length, no adjustment necessary.

Good on you for diving in and giving it a go. Great way to learn how it all works.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did this mod a few nights ago, and I think 8mm is right. I know it's metric, not freedom units. Don't overtighten there, or on the smaller bolts (5mm allen I think) that connect the heel shifter - kuryakyn put the blue locktite on the bolt, so it's not gonna come loose. Also, don't sweat the shift linkage too much. Mine stayed the same length, no adjustment necessary.

Good on you for diving in and giving it a go. Great way to learn how it all works.
Can you get this blue locktite at Lowe’s?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you get this blue locktite at Lowe’s?
In all likelihood yes. If not, you'll find it at any auto parts store. Beware - the blue sometimes comes in the red tube, and vice versa. Blue is medium strength, red is high strength. You want blue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all likelihood yes. If not, you'll find it at any auto parts store. Beware - the blue sometimes comes in the red tube, and vice versa. Blue is medium strength, red is high strength. You want blue.
Thank you for the heads up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts