Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a set of the Gort floorboards on my scout and had to wedge my toe under the shift lever to change gears even with the linkage adjusted all the way out. Now I am wondering if I would even like floorboards. I know some of the members on here said the scout was really not designed for floor boards. Do you think a man would like the Aeromach boards where they would be lower or the Indian boards? I was thinking about ordering a set of the Arlen Ness toe pegs. Has anyone tried them? The boards seem like they would be more comfortbale but hate to order them and not like them and could not send them back.

·
Banned
114 Posts
I have mini boards and rmp’s heel shifter and I love it. Don’t have to worry about toe shifting since the heel shifter is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,813 Posts
The Aeromach floorboards lowers your foot 1" You should be able to get the boot between peg and board. I didn't think I would like boards, either, but these work fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Indian floorboards and the Aeromach heel-toe shifter. I absolutely love it.

80298CDF-568C-4B71-A232-22CD3EC86113.jpeg

Reactions: MannyKBT

·
Founding Member
1,867 Posts
I tried a set of the Gort floorboards on my scout and had to wedge my toe under the shift lever to change gears even with the linkage adjusted all the way out. Now I am wondering if I would even like floorboards. I know some of the members on here said the scout was really not designed for floor boards. Do you think a man would like the Aeromach boards where they would be lower or the Indian boards? I was thinking about ordering a set of the Arlen Ness toe pegs. Has anyone tried them? The boards seem like they would be more comfortbale but hate to order them and not like them and could not send them back.
You should be able to get a size 12 boot under your shifter with no issues if the linkage is adjusted properly. Using a combination of changing the length of the shift rod, plus adjusting the position of the shift arm on the splined shaft so you always have a “paralellogram”, between the two shift arms, you can generate plenty of clearance. If it was your “mechanic” I spoke with, no offense but he could not grasp the concept. We have many customers who have successfully adjusted this with no issues. I’d be happy to talk you thru it if you want to try to adjust it yourself.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Boots never fit under shifter when you buy boards ,, I adjusted mine all the way too, still , the boot is a little tight under shifter,, so,, I moved the shifter linkage shaft off The spline,, moved it 1 spline tooth forward,, that did it,, the boot fits perfectly,. And it shifts just fine,,,.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gort, you talk to my so called mechanic. Guess what. He wanted to by them at a discount so I would not have to send them back. I sold them to him. He is not my mechanic any more. He said they were very high quality floor boards. He said he could figure out some way to get them to fit his bike. He is a A$$.

·
Bronze member
4,698 Posts
I put Aeromach boards on my Scout. I had no trouble fitting my toe under the shifter, but the boards scraped too easily for me to be happy with them. They had a sacrificial bolt at the rear outer edge and that scraped first. I'd thought of removing that and allowing the boards to scrape but sold them before I got that far with them.
I don't know how the angle of them compares to any other board.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Four years ago when I installed floorboards there were few to choose from and only Kariakan were angle adjustable. I found that I could not make any kind of a turn without scraping the angled ones hard. To get my boot under the shifter, I ended up making a new shifter connecting rod 1" longer and also had to remove some material from the shifter casting where it hit to get it high enough to comfortably get my boot under. I also found that the rear break peddle was similarly awkward with the floorboards so I made a longer push rod to the master cylinder to relocate the peddle on that side as well. It has been like that for almost four years and no problems.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the oem floorboards. With info from the guys here i was able to raise my shift lever to get clearance for my foot. It was surprisingly simple. Love jabbing floorboards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts