Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Appreciate all the really good input. We bought tickets yesterday for Sunday. We weren't sure if we wanted to spend two days there, but I am starting to rethink this. Also, we have to get pit passes. My wife can't stop talking about it. This is gonna be great!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze Member
1,657 Posts
They will have open pits so that anyone who wants to go to the pits can go down. (usually before the opening ceremonies) The pits are normally open for 45 minutes to an hour depending on their schedule. So, you do not need to get a pit pass.

The tunnel that goes under the track from the grandstands to the pits is not convenient. I'm 6' 1" tall and I have to duck down in quite a few places. My wife is 5" 8" tall and she has no problems with the low ceiling height of the tunnel. The floor drops down and raises in a number of places, so you need to watch your step. Plus the tunnel is only about 6' wide with a cabling trough along one wall, so there's only about 5' of usable space in there for two way traffic There is also a tunnel under turn one. It's easier to get through but it's a longer walk. It probably takes about the same amount of time either way. It probably takes 3 to 5 minutes to get through the tunnel. So, If you have open pits for 45 minutes, you lose about 6 to 10 minutes of that going back and forth through the tunnel.

Make sure to bring a camera down to the pits. I like to take pictures of the riders and the mechanics in action plus all of the different bikes.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
We head out in the morning, 7 of us making the trek from Indy, can’t wait to see those flying Indians on the one mile track.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nothing new to see Indian swept the podium again lol !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome! The new part will be I have never been to a one mile track. Been to Lima, OH track twice, I am good with a podium sweep by Indian tomorrow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sunday's race rain delayed until Monday. Wife and I went by the track yesterday and the stands looked packed. We are in an RV park just south of town and boy did it storm last night. I haven't seen lightning last that long ever. Kinda figured the race might be off for today. Still anxious for tomorrow's race!!

·
Bronze Member
1,657 Posts
The races Saturday were great. The AFT twins main was really busy. The race for first and second and the race for third through sixth were swapping positions every lap. There was so much going on that you didn't know which battle to watch

The rain Saturday night and the rescheduling screwed us. My wife had to be back Monday so we had to leave Sunday. I scalped my tickets for the second race and got some of my money back. So now I'm watching the race on the internet through my TV.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Today's races were great. In the final heat Indian took the first 5 places. Indian had 14 of the 17 bikes in the race. 2 Harley's and 1 Yamaha. Great battle!!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts