Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride today on my 2018 Chieftain Limited. Put it in the garage when I got home and set the alarm. When I drove into the garage later tonight the red power button was flashing on and off. I got my key fob and turned the alarm off and turned the bike on and there were no error codes or messages. Has anyone else experienced this or know the cause?

The garage was secured and no one else was here in the house to disturb the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Usually means that someone tried to unlock the bike with the console button, and the bike did not find the FOB when it pinged it.

Reactions: Gearset807

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually means that someone tried to unlock the bike with the console button, and the bike did not find the FOB when it pinged it.
Interesting because the garage was secured and I have items of value in the leather trunk that wasn’t secured and nothing was taken. The only way to access the garage is by a garage door remote or a keypad. This has happened twice now but by about a years time in between.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe it just takes a CR2032 button battery. Do I just take a small flat head screwdriver and pry it apart?

Just seems weird that it would start flashing after I turned the bike off and walked away for a couple hours.

·
Bronze member
1,675 Posts
I believe it just takes a CR2032 button battery. Do I just take a small flat head screwdriver and pry it apart?

Just seems weird that it would start flashing after I turned the bike off and walked away for a couple hours.

The more technology gets utilized, the weirder things get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts