Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I'm ready for the onslought. Love the rm and damn near everything about it. Just know I'm coming from a wing and I like quiet. Sooooooo anybody ever consider quieter exhaust ? I know the vic vision I had was quiet and was wondering if those mufflers would work. I also must consider warranty guidelines.
I have plans to wrap the header pipes before this summer.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
ok I'm ready for the onslought. Love the rm and damn near everything about it. Just know I'm coming from a wing and I like quiet. Sooooooo anybody ever consider quieter exhaust ? I know the vic vision I had was quiet and was wondering if those mufflers would work. I also must consider warranty guidelines.
Guess you are out of luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Certainly not as quiet as the Wing, but the Roadmaster is not loud by any means. Have you ridden one yet? I had an F6B prior to my Chieftain and I'd rate the noise level at hwy speeds about equal, but I prefer the sound of the Chieftain. For anything much quieter you'll need a car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Certainly not as quiet as the Wing, but the Roadmaster is not loud by any means. Have you ridden one yet? I had an F6B prior to my Chieftain and I'd rate the noise level at hwy speeds about equal, but I prefer the sound of the Chieftain. For anything much quieter you'll need a car.
I got the rm in early nov and have 2500 mi on it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sorry, couldn't help myself ;)

Been riding HD's with aftermarket exhaust for so long, I think the stage 1's are pretty mellow. But I may be just like Dwarf!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm assuming you kept the exhaust stock, so it's relatively quiet now. But you might be able to try a set from the victory line as long as they mate up with the pipes. I would probably inquire at the dealer whether or not it would hurt the engine. There has been a ton of questions, speculations about pressure related performance issues with twins in general when it comes to exhaust. Good Luck & hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes I have ridden one I have one ; got it in nov. Have 3000mi on it. I also had a victory vision and it was much quieter. The dealer said the vision mufflers would not be an easy bolt on. oh well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes I have ridden one I have one ; got it in nov. Have 3000mi on it. I also had a victory vision and it was much quieter. The dealer said the vision mufflers would not be an easy bolt on. oh well.
The only thing that may make it quieter, is if you can get the stock baffle pipe out and drill more holes in it. This will allow more of the sound and exhaust heat to enter the secondary section of the muffler where the sound and heat can be reduced. I have done this on some Hacker true dual pipes and it works.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,829 Posts
If the above suggestion won't work for you, you may have to go to a Vance & Hines muffler and get added baffles. Or another possible would be to trade with someone from California if they've been forced to a lower db muffler there. But you won't ever get it a quiet as a Wing I don't think. I actually can't believe how quiet they(Wings) are. You can't even tell if one is running most of the time. This Crusher indicates they have an optional quite baffle too. Big problem though is finding what will work on an Indian.

EDIT: There. Fixed it so no miss understanding what is quiet.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,829 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts