Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Indian Messenger bag, so my luggage rack flag pole would no longer work. My husband (who is brilliant) said, "why don't you see if you can mount something to the saddlebag spools? They don't move, and that'll keep it out of the way."

So, I went online and found a Kuryakyn P Clamp, 1 1/8 to 1 1/4" diameter, rooted around in the garage and found an old stick on flag mount that was threaded on the bottom, and went to work.
If you don't have a flag pole you could just as easily use a piece of threaded stock with a couple nuts on one end to go around the P Clamp and an acorn nut on the other end to top the flag.

The P Clamp was the only thing I had to buy as I just scrounged the rest from stuff I had. If you did have to buy everything you could probably get away for less than $30. The clamp itself was around $20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly? Not sure you chose the best bag for your particular bike model. I have several bags, and one of them is perfect for mounting a flagpole. Looking at the picture, I can say that mine’s longer than yours, and it’s got enough mounts to prevent it from falling down. I can also attach a usable solar light to it. My friend has the same configuration on his motorcycle, he was actually the one who advised me to buy the pole and light. Great stuff. Makes for good illumination, and the flag itself looks more majestic. It’s certainly not a thing of prime necessity, but I’d still recommend it. Do you guys put up any sort of illumination on your flag?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts