Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Mine does it.... Dont care.. not sure whats to care about..
Cant hear its when its being ridden..
Can only hear it when its not... Its the sound of it weeping because its not being ridden.
maybe the ancient native scouts good riding weather chant.. that I care about.. chant me more good weather please and I will ride the cry away..
I might even think its cool, as it the only one that ever has, and likely will be the only one that chants me good riding weather..
Yes ill have another beer...

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Polaris probably can't do anything thing to fix it may have to do with EVAP emissions.
They can fix it. They have other models that don't do it,, and have to pass same EVAP standard, not mention other brands..
It's just not a big deal to most, so no reason to.

·
Bronze member
2,403 Posts
They can fix it. They have other models that don't do it,, and have to pass same EVAP standard, not mention other brands..
It's just not a big deal to most, so no reason to.

If it really bothers you, just pop the cap and all whistling magically goes away (for that ride anyway).

Reactions: Hatt

·
Bronze member
2,403 Posts
For the record, I'm one that it doesn't bother a bit..
Thanks for the advice!
Only bothered me initially when I thought it was some kind of alarm I couldn't find. Once I knew what it was I just considered it a minor quirk of the bike. Definitely not worth wasting time over IMHO but others are of another opinion. I'd rather ride than tinker. The "advice" was general, didn't mean to hang it on you in particular, sorry about that.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Only bothered me initially when I thought it was some kind of alarm I couldn't find. Once I knew what it was I just considered it a minor quirk of the bike. Definitely not worth wasting time over IMHO but others are of another opinion. I'd rather ride than tinker. The "advice" was general, didn't mean to hang it on you in particular, sorry about that.
Lol, no prob! I always looked at it like my bike was crying because it wasn't being ridden

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Or, waah, your riding me too hard. :cool:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like that mine whistles, now that I know it's not anything to be concerned about.

It's like the bike is possessed or alive.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,217 Posts
Nothing new. The 2004 Victory Kingpin I had did the same thing. Same gas cap so Polaris has kept this one going for a long time. There used to be fixes shown on the old Vic forums.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing new. The 2004 Victory Kingpin I had did the same thing. Same gas cap so Polaris has kept this one going for a long time. There used to be fixes shown on the old Vic forums.
the fix I posted was from the old vic forum - just goes to show how inconsiderate Polaris is or should I say unresponsive?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts