Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my scout from Regina Sk. Canada to las vegas in june. What are other peoples trip plans with their news bike

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Aw, the Dragon ain't nothing but hype. Every direction you turn, down in that area, there is another road every bit as good as the Dragon. The only thing the other roads lack is a tee shirt shop and cops. That and chrome bits stuck in the trees.

Shakedown cruise for my Scout will be our annual chromehead beemer wrenchfest at Lake Conesus in New York. Booze, Bikes, and Barbecue. That's about 350 miles each way by the scenic route. Happens the last weekend in April. Often a touch of snow on the ground, or sleet on the way, just for adventure. Then somewhere around the end of May or beginning of June, a couple friends and I plan a ride to Ely Minnesota to canoe camp for a week and a half in the Boundary Waters. That's about 1400 miles each way; so couple of days to get there. Once Summer gets rolling, I will have to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, of course. I try to get each of my bikes down the BRP every year. Most beautiful ride there is. That's always 750 or 800 each way, time all is said and done. I like to stay at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso NC, and at Willsville MC Camp, in Meadows of Dan VA. aln.brown promises to meet me in Cruso. We ought to organize a Scout Jamboree there this summer. Great venue for a gathering.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I will take you up on the Blue Ridge. I retire in March, so when the snow melts enough for me to get out me and the Indian plan to do some long journeys.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My first big one will probably be from Edmonton, AB to southern Ontario for a wedding (not mine), but before that I'll probably be riding out to the west coast for a week or so. I was planning on making a spring break trip, but there was still quite a bit of snow last year... and nobody needs that.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I wanted to ride my VTX, 13 hours to Peoria AZ. Trade it in then ride the Indian back, but I was 5 days post op from cancer surgery. Wife & doctor had issues with my idea. So they delivered it three miles from my house and I rode it home.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My 1st ride too will be over 100 miles from the dealer to home. We avoids major interstates so back roads from Scottsdale AZ to Prescott. Lots of twists and fun!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I will take you up on the Blue Ridge. I retire in March, so when the snow melts enough for me to get out me and the Indian plan to do some long journeys.
Let me know when. We have a guest room for you. I'll run the ridge with you. Outstanding.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
My Plan anyway unless the weather is terrible is taking it straight from the Dealer in Ocala to Crystal River and Run Ozello Trail with it, the Curviest Road in FL, to check out it's handling then on some other good back roads north to get back home .. This should be around 100 Miles or so with plenty of Varied Traffic Speeds to Break it in Right ..

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
My Plan anyway unless the weather is terrible is taking it straight from the Dealer in Ocala to Crystal River and Run Ozello Trail with it, the Curviest Road in FL, to check out it's handling then on some other good back roads north to get back home .. This should be around 100 Miles or so with plenty of Varied Traffic Speeds to Break it in Right ..
I took a look at the Ozello trail on google, looks like a fun ride and not too far from the house. I will have to do the same when I get mine. Thanks Jay

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
No not far at all from you elrod and can't miss it if know where Hwy 19 is .. :)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Reactions: JayFL459

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
That will be an awesome road to try out the nimble capability of the scout. Enjoy :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts