Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting a couple of hundred miles on the new scout I'm starting to decide on what I want to add.

Ordered a Dart Marlin just to take the wind off the chest on the highway.

Decided on upgrading horn before adding slip ons so I ordered the Screaming Banshee.

Still trying to decide if I want the Indian oem luggage rack with some type of strap on bag or saddlebags. I like the looks of the end cuioi bags for the Scout but it would be about 800 for two of the ones I like, unsure of the Viking bags.

As a side note, considering the Transitions faceshield for my Shoei RF-SR as I wear glasses and don't want to keep changing shields.

That's it so far.

Oh ... I named the bike "Rocket" after Rocket Racoon, Guardians of the Galaxy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
After putting a couple of hundred miles on the new scout I'm starting to decide on what I want to add.

Decided on upgrading horn before adding slip ons so I ordered the Screaming Banshee.

Still trying to decide if I want the Indian oem luggage rack with some type of strap on bag or saddlebags. I like the looks of the end cuioi bags for the Scout but it would be about 800 for two of the ones I like, unsure of the Viking bags.

As a side note, considering the Transitions faceshield for my Shoei RF-SR as I wear glasses and don't want to keep changing shields.

That's it so far.

I’ve been contemplating getting a Dart but not sure if I want to do the piranha or marlin.. I like the Dart flyscreens better than the OEM version . Let me know if you like the Marlin please and I may just have to pick it up for mine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! Ordered my Marlin screen from Darts website. Failed to realize it would be coming from Great Britain. Guess it'll be awhile ... :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
My first upgrade was the Dart Marlin. Well worth the wait from across the pond. Most of my driving is highway speeds around 80 and I regret waiting as long as I did.

Half of that driving is at night, so the other thing I upgraded was the headlight. Sadly I haven't really gotten a chance to test it fully, but so far I'm really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Bronze member
1,029 Posts

That's it so far.

My wife and I both have the RFSR transition shield, works excellent worth the money. I will stress this, get a legit cleaner for it. Don’t cheap out and use some bull$h!t. It’s an expensive shield, take care of it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My wife and I both have the RFSR transition shield, works excellent worth the money. I will stress this, get a legit cleaner for it. Don’t cheap out and use some bull$h!t. It’s an expensive shield, take care of it.

can you recommend a good cleaner?

I have that shield and just use a random computer screen cleaner on it... ;/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let us know how the screaming banshee works for you. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my horn too

Victor I just put it on. Took about an hour for someone who hasn't worked on motorcycles. You have to find your own mounting spot. I got mine from someone's video. 20190509_201736.jpg

Works like a charm. Loud.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

MOTO that shields like $205 dollars now. Whew! I thought it ran around 180.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FWIW upgrade your suspension first.

Thanks Mick. I may at some point. The springs I've seen as upgrades are out of my financial league right now. So far I'm good with the scouts suspension but I'm sure I'll address it at some point.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks Mick. I may at some point. The springs I've seen as upgrades are out of my financial league right now. So far I'm good with the scouts suspension but I'm sure I'll address it at some point.
Agreed.. I’ve done forward controls , Mini Apes , larger grips and I have a Dart Marlin Flyscreen that is coming .. taking care of things of lower cost but help me more with comfort and driving st highway speeds

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed.. I’ve done forward controls , Mini Apes , larger grips and I have a Dart Marlin Flyscreen that is coming .. taking care of things of lower cost but help me more with comfort and driving st highway speeds

jj I'm curious. How do you like your larger grips? Did you get the larger Indian grips? The stock grips the bike came with seem a little small and my right hand gets a little buz, but I'm writing that off for the moment as me being recently back to biking after a long hiatus.

·
Registered
283 Posts
jj I'm curious. How do you like your larger grips? Did you get the larger Indian grips? The stock grips the bike came with seem a little small and my right hand gets a little buz, but I'm writing that off for the moment as me being recently back to biking after a long hiatus.
I did get the larger Indian grips, and they help tremendously. Before , I would have to adjust and rest my throttle hand because of cramping . Now, I don’t have to do that .. definitely worth the investment

1 - 20 of 24 Posts