Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyyyy all...It's me AGAIN and I just got off the fone with the Indian Dealership....I will not mention her name...HOWEVER; I inquired as to EXACTLY WHAT that email that I received on the 16th meant...did it mean that I will not get my bike in January????? She told me that Indian appreciates everyones patience as they await the scout. But of course I wanted some answers and I imagine that she found it difficult to dodge my direct line of questioning. So here is what I found out: No the scout is not being produced at this moment due to quality issues, and since the scout is made on its own production line, they were able to bring that line to a halt until the issues are resolved. And just like the email stated...they are "ramping" up production. She told me that they are now anticipating a February date of delivery, so being a smartazz I asked her "of what year". I also asked her about the delivery system as it appears that there is no rhyme or reason to it. I'm just gonna skip that part because it didn't sound right to my husband as he retired from GM. She told me that they are asking the dealers to be more "proactive" when dealing with the customer...I asked HOW when they don't know as much as we do!!! She said that the company is aware that first run scout owners are upset, as they should be, but that there will be weekly communication with the dealers from now on...okaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I also told her that not everyone who ordered a scout got the email. Soooooooooo...that's about it...just wanna keep everyone informed. And now I will bid you guyz GN!!!!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Well the good news is that they are fixing whatever production problem they have to make sure future owners will have a quality Scout. So sorry for the wait though

Reactions: qbrees

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Dying to know what quality issues my delivered, first-run Indian has. Recall notice in the mail?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder the same thing, Meggie. But for what it's worth (probably not much), a factory rep told me last September that they were having issues with their spray booth, that it was a sort of bottle neck for production. So it could be that "production issues" refers to problems producing motorcycles, not problems with the actual bikes. That's what I'm hoping, anyway. I'm happy with my red Scout so far.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm honestly not that concerned about what the issues are as long as they get em fixed b4 mine hits the production line. I am glad that they acknowledge that there are issues and are working towards resolution...and more communication with its customers!!! ;)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
I wonder the same thing, Meggie. But for what it's worth (probably not much), a factory rep told me last September that they were having issues with their spray booth, that it was a sort of bottle neck for production. So it could be that "production issues" refers to problems producing motorcycles, not problems with the actual bikes. That's what I'm hoping, anyway. I'm happy with my red Scout so far.
Red scouts were delivered with paint defects. I got one of 'em.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Haven't heard that one yet.....

·
Founding member
1,070 Posts
So much for us lottery winning first run December delivery lucky bastards. Do we have the problem scouts? And all of you tortured long suffering wannabe scout owners will all have the last laugh. Time will tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dying to know what quality issues my delivered, first-run Indian has. Recall notice in the mail?
Does kinda make u wonder.... ...I was considering myself blessed to have gotten 1 delivered (#799). Now u gotta wonder where down the line they found issues and what they actually are! :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
When we picked our bikes up the dealer let us choose from the eight bikes he'd received the previous day. But he had pulled one bike out of the line because of a paint defect on the tank. Yes, it was an Indian Red Scout. He said Indian/Polaris was going to repaint the tank.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I spoke to my dealer this weekend at the bike show, as well as a polaris/indian rep.

The dealer said that they'd had about half of their bikes delivered, however they'd had to send one back because it came "loose" in the crate and managed to smash itself to hell and back... How that happens, I really don't want to know, but I think I'd be even angrier if I'd been told mine was on the way, then got told it was in about a million pieces.

He (and everyone else at the dealership) had no idea that Indian had sent out an apparel card to the scout not-owners, and seemed rather confused by the whole idea.

Then, the Polaris rep. To be blunt, I'm not sure the man knew what a scout was, despite the fact that he was standing next to one. He was not tracking that all the first run bikes hadn't been delivered. (In fact, he said "I thought those were supposed to be delivered in December for the first run?") He also had no idea that the kickstand didn't extend very far forward, that the forward controls and road bars were incompatible, that there was no neutral safety switch, and that the sun generally rises in the East, at least in Alberta.

He did try to sell me a Roadmaster? I suppose at least he did something.

I've made a resolution that I will avoid the dealership until either: The bike comes! Or until march the 15th, right around the (hopefully) final snowmelt, whereapon I will drive my tank into the damn dealership, and pivot around the wreckage until a red scout falls out.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Well the good news is that they are fixing whatever production problem they have to make sure future owners will have a quality Scout. So sorry for the wait though
I sure would like to know what the quality problems were.... I might have one of the bad ones! Bummer!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts