Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of the 2014 Chieftain since June, Love the ride, how it handles, the power it has, the Beauty of it, looks :D and comments from the HD crowd. Been on the forum a while and love it.
IMGP7996 Vib.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sure is pretty in blue and the 15's look good in two tone blue and crème.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Proud owner of the 2014 Chieftain since June, Love the ride, how it handles, the power it has, the Beauty of it, looks :D and comments from the HD crowd. Been on the forum a while and love it.
View attachment 1521
I started the 2016 riding season here in Wisconsin this past Monday. Right now I have 26,330 plus miles on my 2014 Chieftain. Other than a severe belt drive chirping that took almost the whole 2014 riding season to get straightened out, I have had no other real problems with this motorcycle. How are you liking your Chieftan?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
. Other than a severe belt drive chirping that took almost the whole 2014 riding season to get straightened out, I have had no other real problems with this motorcycle. How are you liking your Chieftan?
I too have the Chirp.. it seems that if I tighten the belt that the chirp comes back after 2 tanks of gas.. what did they have to do to correct this?

Only other problem I have is lack of time in the saddle.. but not the bikes fault..

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I ended up having to get both the drive belt and rear pulley replaced with an updated pulley and new belt. To get this done under warranty I did end up having to switch Indian dealerships. Twin Cities Indian out of St. Paul Minnesota, where I brought my motorcycle in 2014 is for all intents and purposes a scam outfit. They'll sell you whatever you want, but when it comes to warranty work you will get nothing but the runaround from both the service crew, the manager and the owner. In the end they refused to honor my motorcycle warranty concerning the belt chirping problem. I ended up going to Tytler Cycle, the Indian dealership out of Green Bay Wisconsin, where they replaced both the belt and rear pulley fully under warranty with no questions or hassle. I have been very satisfied with the bike since then.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
TN1WR sorry to hear that the dealer screwed ya.. When I bought my first Vic in Dec. of 1998 I had to go to 7 different Vic dealers and there weren't/ aren't that many in Nebraska... I did like on in Sd but it was 6 hrs away.. It took 6 months to get a broken valve fixed.. but Vic stepped up and GAVE me their nicest set of saddle bags.. Much respect to them for that..

How many miles on the new pulleys now?? My dealer said they will replace mine. I just need to get there..

I was thinking of getting a custom set of pulleys built, I want more speed/top end, but other projects have come up.. so funding on my motorcycle habit is limited for now.. + I'm afraid the warranty might be voided if I change to much..

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
So far I have over 17,000 chirp free miles since I had the rear pully and belt replaced. A good dealership and how they treat the customer and stand by the product that they sell is so important.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
From one Chieftain owner to another, enjoy your Indian Motorcycle, beautiful bike

>--------> >--------> >-------->

Live Free and Die Well

Reactions: TN1WR
1 - 10 of 10 Posts