Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to ride home from work in the dark tonight. Riding at night is neat, for some reason it feels more peaceful than during the day. I like how the speedo lights up with the red. The mirrors fogged up quite a bit, going to have to look into something that will keep them clear. Anyone have anything they use for this? Other than that it was a nice ride home.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There is a product available through dive shops that now replaces the old mouth full of spit. Not sure of the exact name but do know its all over. I was introduced to it during scallop season and it works. Then again the old Marine bath method still as reliable as ever Mouth full of spit and a handkerchief. 50000000 jar heads and still going strong. With the utmost respect guys the utmost.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,078 Posts
I use some stuff called cat crap. Funny name, but it works well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep! Cat Crap works very well! ;)

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Ordered some of this Cat Crap .. With the Humidity and Temperature Swings you get in North FL especially this time of year, might just turn out to be the Cat's Meow .. :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Got to ride home from work in the dark tonight. Riding at night is neat, for some reason it feels more peaceful than during the day. I like how the speedo lights up with the red. The mirrors fogged up quite a bit, going to have to look into something that will keep them clear. Anyone have anything they use for this? Other than that it was a nice ride home.
I leave for work in the dark ( live in the mountains) & the curves are different in the dark vs day. Love seeing the sun rise hitting Pikes Peak. Only issues for us here is ice & those pesky deer trying to jump on the bike for a ride.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cat Crap works great for the inside of my full face helmet - it always seems to get fogged up with cooler temps - Going to have to order some more ans with the move from CO to AZ can't seem to find mine!!:mad: (only have used the paste - see now they have a pump spray - not sure how well that works..)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, love this forum. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will have to try them all and see what works best. Cat crap, what a name LOL

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I leave for work in the dark ( live in the mountains) & the curves are different in the dark vs day. Love seeing the sun rise hitting Pikes Peak. Only issues for us here is ice & those pesky deer trying to jump on the bike for a ride.
I bet you do have some amazing sun rises there in the Co mountains Caveman. When I was stationed at Lowry AFB (back in 79, closed now I believe) I would rent a motorcycle and go up into the rockies, just absolutely beautiful. :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Wow, love this forum. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will have to try them all and see what works best. Cat crap, what a name LOL
Strange names:
Remember the great product for bikers-- Anti-Monkey Butt is a riders azz best friend on long hot rides. Keep it handy.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Night time riding there is some thing magic at night when your high beam light up the road & you in the zone & you are in your happy place & the breeze is rushing by it is one of those guilty pleasures

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
The Wrong RainX will ruin Many Bike Windshields and Helmet Face Guards .. They are not made of Glass like cars .. Be very careful .. If doesn't State will not harm Plexus or other Acrylics stay away from it ..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts