Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share some pics and thoughts on these two easy mods. Grips first, heel shifter and pegs below.

Grips - I installed Avon Rival Grips (MT-IN-AIR-90A-R Indian Air Cushion Anodized Rival Grips). Overall, this was an easy install, if you take your time. If you don't, it's easy to scratch up the control boxes or the handle bars. I used this video as a guide, and I used some masking tape and a marker on the handlebar to mark how the controls and mirrors sit before I started loosening bolts.

Overall, I love the look of the grips. I have to say I prefer the slightly larger feel of Kuryakyn ISO grips, but these Avons are almost as good.

Kuryakyn Heel Shifter - I installed this, along with the fancy Indian pegs. There's really not much to screw up here if you follow the instructions. Be wary of over torquing, as I think the heel shifter is aluminum, and you'll just tear it apart.

I like the look of the heel shifter. It lines up almost dead center behind the floorboard. However, it's WAAAY back there. I've had heel shifters before, but this one you have to search for a little bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's also pretty close to the primary (I think that's the primary, right?) I'd encourage others to go for the bigger peg on it, so they'd be less likely to scrape their heel on the primary cover over and over.

Next up will be exhaust - swapping to black heatshields, cat delete from American Customs, and rinehart slip-ons.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts