Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip on my Vintage. 3 days and around 800 miles through West Virginia's southern mountains . Very happy with how the bike handled both curvy back roads and occasional interstate runs. Only complaint is my backside would get to hurting after about 80 to 100 miles. My have to send the seat off this winter to see if can get it fitted to me better. Happy with the fuel mileage too. About 42 mpg .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got back from a trip on my Vintage. 3 days and around 800 miles through West Virginia's southern mountains . Very happy with how the bike handled both curvy back roads and occasional interstate runs. Only complaint is my backside would get to hurting after about 80 to 100 miles. My have to send the seat off this winter to see if can get it fitted to me better. Happy with the fuel mileage too. About 42 mpg .
on my way down to maggie valley in june 26 for rally,i just bought a conformax for $112,trying to break it in now for long trip from rhode island,it was toss up btw this pad or airhawk,i like the looks on the conformax,we will see,btw i bought a nice butt pad from alaska leather which is nice,but it has fur so i thought it might be too warm

·
Registered
49 Posts
on my way down to maggie valley in june 26 for rally,i just bought a conformax for $112,trying to break it in now for long trip from rhode island,it was toss up btw this pad or airhawk,i like the looks on the conformax,we will see,btw i bought a nice butt pad from alaska leather which is nice,but it has fur so i thought it might be too warm
mine 2015 vintage btw

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
@biker nurse - Hey . . . why not go a few days early and join the Indian Motorcycle Pow Wow in Maggie Valley? June 18 - 22. Holiday Motel (our host hotel) is directly across the street of the fair grounds where the Thunder in the Smokies rally is being held.

Register at Tribal Thunder dot org

Forum thread: 4th Annual Indian Motorcycle Pow Wow

·
Registered
49 Posts
that was my plan,but the friend im going with doesnt have but a weeks vacation,he didnt want to be the only harley in the pow wow,lol.we figured there would be more to see at the rally,my main goal is to ride the area with two other friends from nc and alabama.,rented a nice cabin in the mountains for 4 days,1st long ride gotta ,bad back ,gonna try though

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I replaced the standard shock with the RM air shock. Big difference.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've taken my 2014 Vintage on multiple long trips. Performs like a champ. Did an iron butt on it and it was awesome. 14 days riding through Europe and then another 10 day trip from southern Spain up through France and across the UK and Ireland. All said and done, I have over 55,000 miles on my bike and am glad I chose this one. On my fourth set of tires. I did have my seat shaved down and had memory foam installed within the first 5,000 miles because I saw that anything over an hour was painful.

I did a 500 km ride yesterday and my buddy on his Ducati had a hard time keeping up. This thing handles like a beast through the curves in southern Spain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts