Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a gps mount on the handlebar. Next is the usb charging port for the gps.
DSC00902.JPG

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Put a gps mount on the handlebar. Next is the usb charging port for the gps.
View attachment 4254
Great idea if you care about where you are going. I have found my best rides are when I took a wrong turn.
One of my old Army LT's GPS took us about 100 miles off course ( while riding up to the Big Heads) He ask me later why I didn't speak up. I stated "I was just enjoying old memories of you getting us lost in the desert" he didn't think it was as funny as the old NCOs on the ride.

·
Registered
733 Posts
After a recent trip to Upstate New York I am not as fond of GPS as I once was. To say a 30 min adventure in a rental car on what could only be described as a logging road was not how I planned on arriving at a family wedding. Especially when I discovered one more exit west on the turnpike would have put me right where I needed to be. My biker senses where tingling, but the wife and the GPS said turn here. I will admit however, in the daylight it probably would have been a hoot.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like having the option of a GPS. Nice to have it when you have no freaking clue how to get there. And forget asking directions, it's not below me to do so. But by the time I've made my first turn, I forgot what the hell they said. Never had a good short term memory...

Eh... What were we talking about? :confused: Oh yeah... Gear Indicator, that's right... :D

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I admit the gps has its faults, but has come in handy for me from time to time. One trip up to Memphis (which I have made loads of times), I said let me just go by the gps and see where it takes me. Boy, talk about all sorts of side roads and through town roads. It was a shorter route mileage wise per gps, but longer time wise. Very interesting ride for sure. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: aln.brown
1 - 7 of 7 Posts