Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Bloomington, Illinois the 15th for my nieces wedding! Have made this trip many times on a Harley, but have to breakin the Indian. Don't mind the possible cold just don't want cold and wet weather combined! Will be up there for a week visiting family and friends. Yeehaa! Ed

·
Registered
106 Posts
Enjoy ! I just got back to Ohio after a trip to Oregon on my Chieftain. It ran great, and never missed a lick .

·
Registered
384 Posts
What r u using for gps mount is there room on the wing for a suction cup mount or just handle bar mount

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,777 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked up my 2015 Vintage on Saturday. Leaving this Sunday from Hartford Ct heading to sunny Clearwater Fl. Stopping in Chesapeake for a 500 mile service. Safe travel to you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, I grew up in central Illinois so I do know what the weather is like! Ha! October should be ok but you never know. I use a garmin zumo 450 that I had to make a strap type mount for the handlebars as the two screws in the grip mount are too wide apart for the ram mount I have been using. Not pretty but it works. I use a suction mount in the truck but would never try it on a motorcycle. Should be a great trip. Thanks again! Ed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Left wed morning and got to my brothers house thursday evening. Bike ran great, could get a little better MPG but satisfied with it. Was averaging about 42 mpg running mostly interstate! Saddle gets a little uncomfortable after 10 hours, but that don't happen too often. The front tire tpm sensor seemed to go away for a while but then come back on. Always getting a high pressure warning on this after the tires warm up but i guess thats normal. Cruise control worked great the whole time. Get a lot of wind from below the fairing at speed, but is ok. Will post after the return trip. Ed

·
Registered
193 Posts
What r u using for gps mount is there room on the wing for a suction cup mount or just handle bar mount
This is how I mounted my Garmin Zumo 665 on my Chieftain. I used this universal handlebar accessory mount (part #1677) that I ordered from Kuryakyn:

Universal Handlebar Accessory Mounts | Accessory Mounts | Küryakyn

Everything bolted up easily to the GPS and handlebars, and the position of the GPS screen is easily adjusted by loosening a plastic tension nut located on the back of the GPS bracket.

Garmin1_zpsa5b0d920.jpg

Garmin2_zps754d5f69.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Left for Florida Tuesday morning and got home Wed evening about 8pm! As stated before the bike ran great the whole trip! Did notice the rear air suspension needed to be pumped back up a couple times. Didn't lose all psi but dropped enough to cause some rough ride. My previous HD did the same. All in all this is a great bike for long and short trips. Will have to do a long trip with the wife to see how that works. She actually was able to fall asleep on my HD on the interstate! Ha! Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts