Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

Pretty stout,.... skoot came in with the Indian STG1 intake, Rinehart Slim line duals and lloyds flash, cams and their tune is the after run.

·
Bronze member
1,683 Posts
View attachment 667522

Pretty stout,.... skoot came in with the Indian STG1 intake, Rinehart Slim line duals and lloyds flash, cams and their tune is the after run.
Would you consider the cam upgrade here Ray? I asked Customer #1 what he paid for this in another posting.....let's see what he tells us. I like my torque down low and at midrange....but that's the design of these cams....and I get it. One thing that caught my eye here is in the STOCK run; Max Torque at 130.70?!!? Indian promotes stock torque of our skoots at 128 lb-ft....and that's at the CRANK....so not sure how D/J got 130 at the rear wheel in STOCK configuration.....but I take the number at face value. I do like the bump in HP....but I'm sure that's at WOT. The corresponding increase in TQ is not that impressive....but there is nothing wrong with 134.35 ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheel! Ride on!!!!!

·
Bronze member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you consider the cam upgrade here Ray? I asked Customer #1 what he paid for this in another posting.....let's see what he tells us. I like my torque down low and at midrange....but that's the design of these cams....and I get it. One thing that caught my eye here is in the STOCK run; Max Torque at 130.70?!!? Indian promotes stock torque of our skoots at 128 lb-ft....and that's at the CRANK....so not sure how D/J got 130 at the rear wheel in STOCK configuration.....but I take the number at face value. I do like the bump in HP....but I'm sure that's at WOT. The corresponding increase in TQ is not that impressive....but there is nothing wrong with 134.35 ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheel! Ride on!!!!!
His skoot came in with the Rinehart SlimLine duals, Indian stge 1 intake and the lloyds flash, so all that helps gettin better nmbrs at the wheel than at the crank. Plus what Indian claims will vary and who knows how much variation there is between skoot. I believe 2700 or so if u already have a lloyds flash, 3200 or there abouts if you do not.

I have MANY dyno runs of stock Busa's, with the avg at 150-152. there were 2 at 157-158 and 2 at 146!

I dn't think the slight tork loss is noticeable if at all, cuz intake/exhaust velocity on a full throttle dyno run is compromised till the revs come up, and we r seldom if at all at wfo in the lower gears at the lower revs so we can keep intake velocity high..

the gain is cool but i have a 165 hp 505 pnds wet Busa that will spank that cammed Challenger ALL DAY and yawn doin it, so my stock cams r perfect!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bike 2 was finished today. I don’t know the numbers just yet but was told it didn’t make as much as mine and the baseline was also lower. Bike has tab zombies with mid pipe cat delete

·
Bronze member
3,138 Posts
Bike 2 was finished today. I don’t know the numbers just yet but was told it didn’t make as much as mine and the baseline was also lower. Bike has tab zombies with mid pipe cat delete
I wonder if that will be a recurring theme on Lloydz cam installs, where a cat delete and Zombies turn out to be a bad choice?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wonder if that will be a recurring theme on Lloydz cam installs, where a cat delete and Zombies turn out to be a bad choice?
It could be a repeat of the victory days when a lot went with the freedom duals. They sounded great but consistently was lower I. The dyno than the stock headpipe with cat and slip ons

·
Registered
432 Posts
So my bike finally got fixed. I've put 700 miles on it now, and now I don't understand why everyone is tuning... my bike isn't jerky or anything. It was a little before the 500 mile service, which I did myself, and now I haven't noticed it. I tried sport mode too finally. It feels like my hellcat. I don't see the need to change anything. I now think it's a bit weird how many people don't like it. The bike is a speed demon.
Edit: I did slap some Rinehart slip ons onto it, but that shouldn't do anything. Also, the one benefit I do see is the removal of the speed limit. That's nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
So my bike finally got fixed. I've put 700 miles on it now, and now I don't understand why everyone is tuning... my bike isn't jerky or anything. It was a little before the 500 mile service, which I did myself, and now I haven't noticed it. I tried sport mode too finally. It feels like my hellcat. I don't see the need to change anything. I now think it's a bit weird how many people don't like it. The bike is a speed demon.
Edit: I did slap some Rinehart slip ons onto it, but that shouldn't do anything. Also, the one benefit I do see is the removal of the speed limit. That's nice.
How did the speed limiter change if you didn't do any tuning?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I didn't say it did, I was saying that a top speed increase would seem to be the only advantage for getting the tune based on my bikes performance in stock form. I have zero issues with the things people have described performance wise. Bike isn't jerky, throttle response is fine, output curve is fine, and it's feeling fast like a hellcat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Around $2700 if you already have a Lloyds tune or around $3200 if you don't (they still Tune it either way, but credit you for the loyalty of the first tune).. Not sure if this price is inclusive of Taxes.

That's a pretty good price to be getting mid 130's on both HP/TQ, I paid $2100 for my 585 cams, install and tune on my Chief 111 to get 110/129.

I may get this knocked out in the summer after bike week but before Sturgis.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The real question is how much does an HD owner have to pay to keep up with a Challenger!!! A friggin lot!
Well let's ballpark some math. The 131 engine alone, is about 6200 bucks. You also need an exhaust (1k), and tune (200 or so presumably) as well. Maybe the intake? Not sure if it's included. Add in the dealers install price, 2400ish for the engine, another hour or 2 for the exhaust and intake and tune, you'd be looking at 10k minimum. Which I've heard some owners pay more than that, but we'll call it 10. All that just so it can still have less horsepower than the challenger😂 The road glide 131 is 121Hp, at the Crank, while the Challenger is 122.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Those poor bastards! LOL! Plus they get a lot more maintenance vs us Indian riders!

·
Bronze member
3,138 Posts
Just to calm down my fellow Challenger owners a bit, remember that the world is FULL of 750 and 1000cc bikes that can run circles around our more comfortable touring bikes. We just don't have to stop at the chiropractor when we step off.
On one of the HD forums some guys were discussing Harley performance and 1/4 mile times. Someone chimed in that watching Harleys on a drag strip was like watching sea lions race.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,765 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts