Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having European sport and naked bikes for the past 20 years - the ones that put the exhaust under the bike. Well got a great new burn on Christmas morning while riding in shorts from the barn to the house. Wow, guess that is the commemorative package they promised. Welcome to the world of cruisers.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Burned my leg on a bike in 1975, never did it again. I am a quick learner!
Did that on my Kawasaki 900 wearing long pants when I got off on the wrong side of the bike and my pant leg got caught on something and I burned the back of my calf on the hot pipes. Just finished a 200 km ride. They were hot!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Having European sport and naked bikes for the past 20 years - the ones that put the exhaust under the bike. Well got a great new burn on Christmas morning while riding in shorts from the barn to the house. Wow, guess that is the commemorative package they promised. Welcome to the world of cruisers.
Ouch.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
First off....Semper Fi Navy.

I managed to burn myself once on my Road King Classic. It always happens when you least expect an issue.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
218 Posts
My ex got a nice scar on her calf off my Triumph..... I always tell her that if she had only listened to me that one time she wouldn't be reminded of me everyday.... HA

·
Registered
339 Posts
Got a few scars on my shins from cleaning the bike while hot, in shorts. Happened on the Suzuki and the Harley. I finally learned!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Working on a Sportster and was knocked off balance and fell forward toward a hot pipe. Put out my hand to stop my fall and grabbed the pipe. ER visit.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Ouch for sure. Possibly that is the Scout initiation. Who's next? LOL

·
Registered
370 Posts
I rode my Shadow in shorts once. I still have the scar from the pipe. Never again. :)

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
My Momma said, if you play with fire you will get burned. I didn't listen, has to learn the hard way, like most. Nowadays I don't riding without gloves, jeans and boots and helmet on.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Allstate 170 made by Puch... Two stroke four cycle engine ... two cylinders one spark plug ... called her Pooch. First wife was used to set the clocks 15 minutes ahead and was still always behind. I used to say on her grave stone I'd put "She's sorry she's late." One afternoon I got pissed waiting for her, jumped on Pooch, started racing up and down the street. Barefoot, tshirt, shorts. Dog jumped out between two cars. Tboned. Went down. Sliding down the street tried to surf the bike to stay off the asphalt flesh rasp. Bout the time I started to smell my feet cooking is when I realized I was standing on the header. Bailed... That was mistake number three. Spent the rest of the afternoon picking shards of headlight glass out of my forearms and shins.

Killed the bike. Cracked the case. I always said a dog screwed the Pooch.

Dog ran off.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Back around 1983 I was cruising around and some girl flagged me down near the mall. She was the 14 year old daughter of a friend of mine. She kind of had a crush on me at the time and was begging for a ride on my chopper.. I was kind of leery about giving young little girls rides on my bike. I told her I would give her a ride around the mall and not to tell her mom. After I did, I forgot all about it. A week or so later her mom came unglued on me talking some $h!t about me picking up her little girl and scaring her leg. I was swallowing pretty hard because she was giving me a hard time about trying to pick up her little girl. After she saw that I was quite taken aback about the whole thing, she let me know she was just giving me $h!t and giving me a hard time and that it was OK. But I had no idea about the scar on her leg. Apparently when she got off my bike she burned her leg on my pipes.
Twenty five or so years later, I went to a local bar that I did not frequent. The bartender poured me a Jack & Coke. I wondered how this gal knew that I wanted a Jack & Coke? I thought there was a special or something. The next one she brought she said, "This one is on me Builder." How in the hell did this gal know me by name? She acted surprised and couldn't believe that I didn't remember picking her up on my chopper. I was stumped. She played it out for a while until I was going to go. I felt a little dumbfounded because I certainly remembered all the chicks I had picked up over the years.
She wouldn't let me leave without buying me another J&C. Then she told me that I scarred her for life and I am telling her that she must have had me mistaken for someone else....but she knew me by name! $hit! What the H3LL did I do? Then she told me I picked her up when she was only 14 years old! I was kind of freaking a bit and denying that I ever picked up an underage girl. Then she yells over to a lady at the back of the bar, "MOM! This is the guy who burned me!" The lady in the back of the bar started yelling threats at me and was getting out of her chair and coming towards me, and I'm like, I'm getting the H3LL out of here!
When Mom got close to me she started just busting a gut laughing....and then I recognized my old home town friend from all those years ago.
Then the bartender had to show me her "Harley burn". She was always proud of that scar.
Sh!t! Pour me a double!

·
Registered
98 Posts
St. Thomas VI, they rented out late 70's Honda Trail 90's as part of a boatslip fee at the Sheraton. As a kid while parked and sitting on it after a long ride, my leg fell off the peg and rested against the hot pipe, I smelled burning and ouch, pulled my leg off with a strand of skin connected to the pipe and my leg!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
Never burned my skin on the pipes, but got a nasty burn from a flaming marshmallow. Long story.... :)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Never burned my skin on the pipes, but got a nasty burn from a flaming marshmallow. Long story.... :)
You know you can't say something like that and leave us hanging, come on out with it. We have plenty of time :D

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Back around 1983 I was cruising around and some girl flagged me down near the mall. She was the 14 year old daughter of a friend of mine. She kind of had a crush on me at the time and was begging for a ride on my chopper.. I was kind of leery about giving young little girls rides on my bike. I told her I would give her a ride around the mall and not to tell her mom. After I did, I forgot all about it. A week or so later her mom came unglued on me talking some $h!t about me picking up her little girl and scaring her leg. I was swallowing pretty hard because she was giving me a hard time about trying to pick up her little girl. After she saw that I was quite taken aback about the whole thing, she let me know she was just giving me $h!t and giving me a hard time and that it was OK. But I had no idea about the scar on her leg. Apparently when she got off my bike she burned her leg on my pipes.
Twenty five or so years later, I went to a local bar that I did not frequent. The bartender poured me a Jack & Coke. I wondered how this gal knew that I wanted a Jack & Coke? I thought there was a special or something. The next one she brought she said, "This one is on me Builder." How in the hell did this gal know me by name? She acted surprised and couldn't believe that I didn't remember picking her up on my chopper. I was stumped. She played it out for a while until I was going to go. I felt a little dumbfounded because I certainly remembered all the chicks I had picked up over the years.
She wouldn't let me leave without buying me another J&C. Then she told me that I scarred her for life and I am telling her that she must have had me mistaken for someone else....but she knew me by name! $hit! What the H3LL did I do? Then she told me I picked her up when she was only 14 years old! I was kind of freaking a bit and denying that I ever picked up an underage girl. Then she yells over to a lady at the back of the bar, "MOM! This is the guy who burned me!" The lady in the back of the bar started yelling threats at me and was getting out of her chair and coming towards me, and I'm like, I'm getting the H3LL out of here!
When Mom got close to me she started just busting a gut laughing....and then I recognized my old home town friend from all those years ago.
Then the bartender had to show me her "Harley burn". She was always proud of that scar.
Sh!t! Pour me a double!
That's a good one :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts