Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The iconic U.S. brand Indian Motorcycles is back and coming to its first New Mexico dealership later this year. Business partners and cousins Michael Gaillour and Louis Herrera purchased a 9,000-square-foot building at 4509 Alameda Blvd NE, (on the corner of Alameda and Washington) where they will open Indian Motorcycle of Albuquerque this fall. Renovations with local contractors will begin immediately, creating dozens of construction jobs for New Mexicans. When the dealership opens, it will open as many as 12 new full-time dealership positions, with plans to expand.
“The bikes are all new and all beast with a 111-cubic-inch engine. They are super, super comfortable. The bike is smooth. It’s got more power than you can ever use,” said owner Louis Herrera. “The Indian Motorcycle Brand has returned in a genuine and exiting way in 2014. As part of the re-launch, we are honored to have the opportunity to steward this brand in Albuquerque and New Mexico,” said owner Michael Gaillour. “The advanced engineering, and iconic history will add to the long-standing tradition of riding in our Land of Enchantment.”

Continue Reading @ powersportsbusiness.com

·
Bronze member
2,391 Posts

The iconic U.S. brand Indian Motorcycles is back and coming to its first New Mexico dealership later this year. Business partners and cousins Michael Gaillour and Louis Herrera purchased a 9,000-square-foot building at 4509 Alameda Blvd NE, (on the corner of Alameda and Washington) where they will open Indian Motorcycle of Albuquerque this fall.

Continue Reading @ powersportsbusiness.com
These folks are open and doing well. Shout out to Gumby for getting my Scout in and out for it's warranty inspection during my recent Route 66 trip. I won't hesitate to stop in next time I'm in town.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Is this a joke? This store ranks dead last in my opinion of customer service and attitude. Whatever happened to having dealers/owners actually owing a motorcycle prior to getting a motorcycle franchise? This is a business and its run like that. I cannot think of a more sterile robotic rulebook store that I have come across since 1974. Fact.

·
Bronze member
2,391 Posts
Is this a joke? This store ranks dead last in my opinion of customer service and attitude. Whatever happened to having dealers/owners actually owing a motorcycle prior to getting a motorcycle franchise? This is a business and its run like that. I cannot think of a more sterile robotic rulebook store that I have come across since 1974. Fact.
Nope - no joke. I have nothing but good things to say about these folks. Sorry you feel differently but my experience was a good one. I personally don't care one whoop who owns the place. The folks that were working there took good care of me and my Scout.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
So I am in the store during the t-shirt exchange awhile back. There are 3 people in line and after one gets done with an exchange, the girl calls a manager and they look over the sheet of paper she has on her 'stand' and start counting it over and over again.........making sure of the number of people they have exchanged shirts with. Then proudly announce the exchange is OVER as they hit the 150 shirt exchange mark and 'so sorry' but try again if they do it next year. This is real customer service, huh? When some dealers give you a shirt for having a bike in service or just for being a repeat parts customer.
So OK..........its almost closing and I am at parts trying to see if they have a rear bumper for my Chief as I'm on my way to AZ. They do not but I see something else I want and NO military/veteran 10% discount. No no no ............'this is not a no - profit business' sayeth the parts manager. Now comes closing time. Salesperson standing by the door waiting for customers to clear out and rattling keys.........a few had just come in under the wire and now being ushered out.
So being with HD for years and having a little to do with dealer placement and other issues, I called the alleged owner and told him of my view on what happened. He informed me that this is a business and not a bar scene where people can hang out and talk bull all day. I told him about the t-shirt deal and he saidIndian would make him pay above and beyond the 150 t-shirt mark and that he had to send these back to Indian and they 'do count them'. Geez..........2 more people you chased away and probably went straight to Duke City HD and bougfht bikes there. To which looks like a crowded concert hall compared to the morgue Indian store. Further conversation proved that either of these two owners ever sat on a friggin motorcycle and this is an investment/business to a captive audience being the only store in NM ! So whatever criteria one holds for a 'good' dealership is subjective ..............this store certainly failed on a few fronts real quick. Meanwhile the Harley store is killing them with location and attitude. This one cannot deny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts