Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Straight from Sturgis... Indian Chief demo rides...

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXnHEM572_c?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passion is so cool. At an iconic event having the time of his life and riding a bike he has been waiting to ride. Doesn't get any better than that for a bike week ride. Plus he got to do the trip from Ohio and back too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice review' but the real question.....has he ever ridden a VISION??? I heard him say he's owened HDs' and BMWs ... Lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to see, I really hope the Polaris is able to make this a vaible brand. I have no ill will towards HD, but some of their cutomers are hard to take. I'm all for 'American Made' and to have an option when making the decision to purchase a bike is great. To those that suggest Victory will merge into the Indian name, I hope not. Each is unique and should stay that way. Would I consider an Indian in the future, yes of course. Just as I looked at all options (HD, BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, etc...) before making my decision to buy a Victory, I will add Indian to my next list to consider.

Just wish many of the die hard's would be a little more open minded. Sales numbers might begin to skew a little differently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
17472 said:
Nice review' but the real question.....has he ever ridden a VISION??? I heard him say he's owened HDs' and BMWs ... Lol
He is the market for Indian to go after... existing and past HD riders/owners... and someone who has really fond and historical feelings about the old Indian. HD riders are the primary target market.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think his interview was not about Indian or Sturgis. It was more than that. It was about the lifestyle of biking. The little kid excitement that we all enjoy. It is about... well, the thing if you have to explain you will never get. Bikes and biking are what makes his heart beat a little faster every morning.

It was a great video.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was not too far behind this guy at the demo ride and just like him it was the ride of a lifetime. The new Indian is a Great ride and a Great looking bike. I could see this bike right next to may Harley's FXE and FLHS and my Victory CR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
12594 said:
I was not too far behind this guy at the demo ride and just like him it was the ride of a lifetime. The new Indian is a Great ride and a Great looking bike. I could see this bike right next to may Harley's FXE and FLHS and my Victory CR.
Are you sure you're not him. Your picture looks very similar.

I'm jelous of your ride but that is awesome to hear. I'm excited to start hearing more first-hand experiences with the new Indians and other's perceptions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it is good that he liked it, that is what it is all about! after all, who does'nt like going on demo rides
BUT, if i put one of those lil indian heads
on the front fender of my vision, i can say w/o a doubt that MY ride is way more comfy than those 3 new models, not to mention it just LOOKS better!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, so the guy is still sitting on the fence about whether he liked the bike or not. Too bad he can't seem to commit.

Psych, he was great representation of a seasoned and balanced rider. HD and BMWs in his garage paint a decent picture of a broad spectrum of experience with good engineering and some nostalgia.

Thanks for the post.

Kg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
9496 said:
it is good that he liked it, that is what it is all about! after all, who does'nt like going on demo rides
BUT, if i put one of those lil indian heads
on the front fender of my vision, i can say w/o a doubt that MY ride is way more comfy than those 3 new models, not to mention it just LOOKS better!!!
Blah, Blah, Blah. Why don't you ride one first and then tell us how it compares to your Vision. You may be correct or you may be surprised.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
9496 said:
...if i put one of those lil indian heads
on the front fender of my vision, i can say w/o a doubt that MY ride is way more comfy than those 3 new models,
It may be true the Vision is more comfy for you... but, not even you can say or know that until you ride the others and compare.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I had my wish it would be that everyone would have the money to buy an Indian and a Victory. This debate about Indian vs Victory is nuts, it should be about which fits, feels, and rides better for YOU. BTW I have a Vision. I am now going to buy and Indian because well I have to be the first on the block to have one. The weirdest thing is only a handful of people have ridden the Indians.

JK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
12719 said:
If I had my wish it would be that everyone would have the money to buy an Indian and a Victory.  This debate about Indian vs Victory is nuts, it should be about which fits, feels, and rides better for YOU.  BTW I have a Vision.  I am now going to buy and Indian because well I have to be the first on the block to have one.  The weirdest thing is only a handful of people have ridden the Indians.

JK 
You know what though, I had the same kind of draw to the Vision as I do that Chieftain, and I don't get that with every new shiny toy.

I thought they did a great job fixing the Streetglide frame ( compared to how it once was PRE 2009) but I never did get this wound up about it.

Couple of years for a shake down and I may be picking up a 2015 dealer demo Chieftain late in the model year, same as I did my 2010 Vision. Time will tell.

Kg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4028 said:
You know what though, I had the same kind of draw to the Vision as I do that Chieftain, and I don't get that with every new shiny toy. Kg
Funny you say that Keith, because that is EXACTLY how I felt about the Chieftan......last time I had that same reaction was the Vision. I was right on with that decision and I am looking forward to finding out more about the Chieftan's ride and ergonomics.
Vision: still the very best bike I have ever owned. As much as I love the Cross Roads I now own, it does not have the same 'swagger'
Chieftan: I honestly had no intention of considering Indian as I really did not believe they would go this far so fast with a fully integrated fairing. Blew.....me......away!
As I learn more and refine my requirements about motorcycles, I know that I will never have another primary bike without a faring. I just like everything it has to offer. While the Vision will almost completely win in ergonomics and wind management, the Chieftan just impresses me more than any other bike I've seen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1522 said:
Chieftan: I honestly had no intention of considering Indian as I really did not believe they would go this far so fast with a fully integrated fairing. Blew.....me......away!
As I learn more and refine my requirements about motorcycles, I know that I will never have another primary bike without a faring. I just like everything it has to offer. While the Vision will almost completely win in ergonomics and wind management, the Chieftan just impresses me more than any other bike I've seen
I already have primary bike with a fairing, my XC. I love it most of the time, and hate that it is not really set up for just down to the store, etc. On the other hand, whatever I buy at the store fits, so it is a wash.

I am not a die-hard Indian heritage fan, or HD for that matter. BUT, if I could afford it (by that I mean NO PAYMENTS!), I could see a Indian Chief Classic with a removable windshield in my garage. I just like the way it looks, even though I am a more modern fan of the XC. I'd have to ride one and really think about spending 20 BIG ONES for a second bike. I am on a disability pension, so money, or lack thereof, counts.

I am impressed by the new Indians. I don't think I'd replace my XC with a Chieftan, but maybe others would do so. Whatever, YMMV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not one for most bikes with big farings and all that(considering I'm a high ball owner), but I must say that the chieftain certainly has my attention as the main contender as my old man bike in another decade or so. That thunderstroke 111 should be plenty road tested by then ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts