Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post this here as this site looks like it can use all the help it can get. A wee bit slow around here. I finally got a chance to go to the Indian dealer here in Houston and look at their motorcycles. I did not get to ride one just sit on one in the showroom. So these are my impressions just from sitting on it and looking over it. The engine is gorgeous! It's pure art and everything I love about a motorcycle. A motorcycle is an engine and two wheels and that is one fine engine. Second, This is a BIG Bike. I've had a Honda VTX1300 and the Cross Roads and the minute you swing a leg over this bike and lift it off the stand you can tell it is a really Big Bike. I sat on the Chief Vintage, Chieftain, Cross Country and a used Harley Road King Classic outside the showroom all in just a few minutes. The Indians were certainly bigger than the others. The Harley felt nimble by comparison. Never thought I'd say that about a Road King Classic. (I'll never forget sitting on a Harley my first time not long after starting riding coming off of my Suzuki Marauder, the Harley was huge). 3. The seat is too shallow for me. I would prefer it to be scooped out more and it's not as comfortable as the seat on my XR. To be fair the Cross Roads has one of the most comfortable factory seats I've sat on. 4. Fit and finish are top notch and nothing I noticed seemed to be skimped on. Sitting on the Cross Country and the Chieftain back to back I could tell the difference in the closeness of the dash controls and floorboards on the Indian. I'm not much of a fairing kind of guy so that didn't bother me much. I think on the floor boards I'd do like on my VTX and add adjustable pegs to the highway bars. I like to be able to kick my feet up anyway. 5. The paint and finish were nice and I like the indian head tank logo better than the script. 6. It was nice to see all metal on the motorcycle and very little plastic as was used extensively in the VTX1300. The down side to that is a bike that is well north of 800 pounds.

My Closing thoughts. I love the look of this motorcycle. To me it's the most attractive motorcycle since my VTX and a Road King Classic. The only thing I don't like about the motorcycle is the rear taillight/ turn signal assembly. That can be changed. I would prefer to see a Dark horse model soon. I think I'm past my days of sitting and polishing on a motorcycle for hours. I like to put about 10K miles a year on a bike and I'd rather ride than polish. My Cross Roads has just about the right amount of chrome on it and a little less would be alright with me. I would really like to see Indian make a bike about 13/16th's the size of this one. I think something in the 85ci size range that is more toss able and around 650 lbs. would be more to my liking. To me Bigger is not always better. Give it the same gorgeous looks and just shrink it a little. Other than that w/o riding the bike I think they are great and will consider one in a couple years when I look at getting a new motorcycle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts