Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
got my official recall notice from Indian today, requiring me to take it to the dealer to be fixed.
it's worth noting that the recall notice specifies to NOT repair it yourself and that repairs MUST be performed only by an authorised Indian Motorcycle dealer.

·
Bronze member
1,414 Posts
I do know. If it was a fuse or “breaker” causing the issues. Then tuning the bike wouldn’t have fixed it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
696 Posts
I do know. If it was a fuse or “breaker” causing the issues. Then tuning the bike wouldn’t have fixed it..

Perhaps, but swapping them out with stock ECM tuning did resolve the issue....sounds as though the issue might be more complex than it seems at first blush.

·
Bronze member
1,414 Posts
Just try and think about it logically.

How can replacing a breaker fix a tuning issue?

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it's the same one R Warshawsky posted, they're on Amazon for $5.87 apiece. Amazon.com: Bussmann (BP/CB211-10-RP) 10 Amp Type-I ATM Mini Circuit Breaker: Automotive
I found some for $3.00 dollars. Dealer still hasn't received any yet.
Coincidence if you run the stock tune imho.

I have seen stranger things !

I have seen stranger things. A month or so my pass till we have a diffinative answer ?

·
Rider
696 Posts

So the universe clarified the issue more clearly today. Before the circuit breaker replacement the two issues I was concerned about were 1) cold start stalls while warming up, 2) intermittent cutting out while riding. After replacement both seemed favorably resolved. Sadly today, perhaps as karmic balancing, it stalled 3 times while warming up....bloody drag. However, no cutting out while riding.

·
Rider
654 Posts
Whilst there has been some debate as to whether a fuse/circuit breaker or whatever else you may wish to label it does or does not cause stalling issues I stumbled across the following article. The FTR is listed the title heading says it all. Obviously before splitting any hairs and R Warshawsky's experience this 'should' cure the stalling whilst riding trait but not the cold start stalling which I agree can be sorted with a tune undoubtedly. As a footnote I will start and use Wayne's suggestion of allowing the fuel pump to prime twice in the interim, it may just work?

·
Bronze member
1,414 Posts
Did you find that article by googling? Or do you follow them? friend of mine works for them. Didn’t know they were international.

61 - 80 of 146 Posts