·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dec 12,2019

Manufacturer Recall Number I-19-05-B

NHTSA Recall Number XXXXXX

Recall Status Recall Incomplete

Summary INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Safety Risk INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy DEALER TO REPLACE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS

Manufacturer's Notes INDIAN MOTORCYCLE RECALL I-19-05-B

·
Registered
28 Posts
so, now what? Does my dealer let me know if I'm part of the recall or do I have to go there to have them check it out just to be sure?

·
Rider
654 Posts
Give them a call to see what if anything they know about it. Eventually you'll receive a Recall Notification in the post simply stating that you need to contact your dealer. I recently had a clutch recall on another bike, there was a mad rush to get it done and insufficient spares in the system to carry it out expediently. I had a three month wait backlog on the parts required. Let's hope they have enough circuit breakers in stock?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Haha!!
"Circuit Breaker" is Polaris-speak for $8 Buss Fuse available at any auto parts store.

Had bad ones from them in my Victorys.

I replaced mine with superior water proof units.

On one ride when mine failed, I had to bypass it to continue the ride.

No big deal. Don't stress about it. Its a little plastic and metal buss fuse that costs nothing.

·
Silver member
4,236 Posts
Before we all ring our dealers half panicked, it's just a handful of fuses. Yes they need to be replaced, but your bike is still as reliable as it was before this recall was published...

No. Panick.

·
Rider
697 Posts
Before we all ring our dealers half panicked, it's just a handful of fuses. Yes they need to be replaced, but your bike is still as reliable as it was before this recall was published...

No. Panick.
Haha!!
"Circuit Breaker" is Polaris-speak for $8 Buss Fuse available at any auto parts store.

Had bad ones from them in my Victorys.

I replaced mine with superior water proof units.

On one ride when mine failed, I had to bypass it to continue the ride.

No big deal. Don't stress about it. Its a little plastic and metal buss fuse that costs nothing.
Is this the general idea? 10 Amp mini circuit breaker.jpg

1 - 20 of 146 Posts