Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my RM Dark Horse, but there's still a little more chrome on her than I like. So this weekend I set to start blacking it out. Pulled the chrome from the trunk and plastidipped it. Must say I really like the way it turned out but I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take a "before" photo!
jill

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am waiting for Indian to make a gloss black version before I dump 4K worth of trunk!

Now you have changed my mind not to wait for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love my RM Dark Horse, but there's still a little more chrome on her than I like. So this weekend I set to start blacking it out. Pulled the chrome from the trunk and plastidipped it. Must say I really like the way it turned out but I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take a "before" photo! View attachment 593960 jill
link to the product? How did you get it to match so well?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had some spray-on plastidip in my stock for a while from other projects. You can buy it almost anywhere spraypaint is sold.

As for the matching, that was just a happy coincidence. But it really looks great. I couldn't have asked for better results!

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Plastidip makes an assortment of colors. They make a lot to match car paint colors as well. Because a lot of car people are using the product to use on their wheels to get them to match the color of their cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts