Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from this dealer, MY dealer, who is 480 miles north of me but distance means nothing to me with this guy, Rob Gregory. Indian of Little Rock was the closest dealer to me here in south Texas when I was looking for a Chieftain, thank goodness, because otherwise I would never have met Rob Gregory, the owner, his great family, and his first class dealership personnel. I highly recommend Rob Gregory and Indian of Little Rock, otherwise known as Gregory Polaris. A first class dealership. Whenever on a trip, stop in for a visit and great service. If you have an Indian need call Rob. I could not vouch for these folks more. Here is the email that I am sharing in the event folks out there are looking for a quality dealer, two tones, etc.:

Spring is around the corner and let me give you an update on INDIAN MOTORCYCLE.

Gregory Polaris Indian of Little Rock is ahead of the game going into February with product. While many bikes are deposited for spring we worked to get as many extra bikes as possible with THREE concerns at hand. One, we wanted to have bikes in stock so a customer could see the selection, test ride, and purchase that day. Second, we wanted to give our customers more choice by offering two tones. Gregory Polaris Indian of Little Rock will be custom painting Vintage models with the following colors, Indian red with cream, Spring field blue with cream, and Turquoise with cream. These colors along with the Tan leather seat and leather bags will add to the existing line with more choice. Third, we understand the distance you may have to drive or fly and that being said we now offer delivery based on mileage.
Classic pricing starts at 18999.00 for black and add 400.00 for blue or red. Vintage pricing starts at 20999.00 for black and add 400.00 for blue or red.
Chieftain pricing starts at 22999.00 for black and add 500.00 for blue or red. All Vintage two tones will be 22499.00 and other color options can be requested. Jan-Feb refer a friend is a program for existing customers to get 250.00 and the new customer to get 250.00 towards apparel.

Here at Gregory Polaris Indian of Little Rock we LISTENED. Bottom line is we want to be your dealer by offering you more choice in colors and the convenience of shopping from home. The entire line of Indian Motorcycle comes with a 5 year unlimited mile warranty and we have a 1000.00 previous or active military coupon for all who served. The USED buyer groups called and want your trade as well and will be paying top dollar when possible. Summing up February....Hurry while they last because....Spring is here.... Gregory Polaris is stepping up.... We want your trade.... and.... CHOICE IN AMERICAN MOTORCYCYCLES IS HERE !!!!!

Feel free to call me direct at 501-834-0344 . Thank you. Rob Gregory

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm working on getting some up soon. I've asked for some. I'll be out for a few hrs. but when I get back hopefully I'll have some.

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OrangeCounty, I got the following message from the owner, Rob Gregory:

"The paint arrived last Wednesday and the the tins were sent to Rock Collision and Classic LLC. right away. Joel West, the owner, has done all of my custom paint for years. We expect to have one ready to reassembly starting this Wednesday and I will forward you some pics."

I'll post them as soon as I get them folks. Knowing Rob, and the way he does things, these will be gorgeous! Give Rob a call and be first in line! I'm 480 miles south of him and I flew up to get my new Chieftain and rode home. They are so good that they will continue to be my dealer. I'll make a visit part of my trips and create trips to get back there. Rob will also work with you on shipping a bike. He may even deliver it depending on where you are. Give him a call. He's a great guy to talk with.

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okay folks, here's a teaser on the first Gregory Polaris - Indian Vintage to be painted two tone. Hopefully I'll have pictures of the fully painted Vintage up tomorrow afternoon. They'll be putting the painted parts on the bike tomorrow morning. This first bike is Willow Green and Vintage Cream with gold accents, a highly requested combination. It is already sold but there will soon be a red and cream and a blue and cream to follow. A blue turquoise is also planned. All will be Vintages. They are looking at painting a two tone Chieftain but haven't decided on a paint scheme yet. Prices are very good for ready to ride gorgeous two tones and if you want a different color they will try to accommodate you. Again, hopefully I'll have full pictures of the Willow Green and Vintage Cream Vintage up tomorrow.

Two-tone paint on Vintage tank.jpg As the owner of Gregory Polaris-Indian, Rob Gregory, said in his email to me and other customers, "Feel free to call me direct at 501-834-0344" Rob's a really good guy and very easy to talk with. If interested give him a call. You'll be glad you did, whether you buy a bike from him or not. :)

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There will be a delay in getting the full pictures of the beautiful two tone Willow Green and Antique Cream Vintage from Indian of Little Rock (Gregory Polaris) that I have teased you with. Indian of Little Rock is in mourning and will close early today and be closed tomorrow. They have a sister store in Arkansas, run by Rob Gregory's brother, and employees at both stores are very close, stand in for each other, etc. Tragically, a long time employee of their sister store died yesterday at the young age of 41 from the deadly H1N1 virus. He was a healthy man less than ten days ago and has now passed. Beyond sad. I'll have the pictures up as soon as possible.

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I spoke with Rob Gregory at Gregory Polaris-Indian-Victory of Little Rock (Jacksonville), Arkansas and though they are open again after the funeral, pictures of the completed Willow Green and Vintage Cream Vintage will be delayed until Tuesday. The painting is complete. Through the asking of questions however, and Rob's patience in explaining the details of the two-tone conversion, I learned a bit more about the process and have pictures to show!

Instead of clear coating over decals, which is often done on paint jobs, they are painting 100% of everything! On the tank, for example, they start by painting the entire tank gold/copper as shown below. They then pinstripe the tank and install lettering decals, both of which will be removed after further painting, to leave the gold/copper color exposed. They then paint the entire tank Antique Cream; painting over the pinstriping and decals. They then remove the pinstriping and decals, exposing the gold/copper painted pinstriping and lettering. They then paint the Willow Green portions of the tank and, once the tank is ready, apply the clear coat. Pictures of the tank after the first three stages follow and a picture after the fourth stage, the completed tank, is in my above post: $22,500. for Gorgeous two tone, custom painted Vintages, WOW! Gregory Polaris's number is 501-834-0344 if interested. They are thinking about doing Chieftain's, the bike I ride. :)

Gold-copper with decals.jpg Vintage Cream after removal of decals and pinstriping.jpg Willow green and Vintage cream tank before clear coating.jpg

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gregory Polaris-Indian of Little Rock has completed their Willow Green - Vintage Cream Two Tone Vintage! Here are some pictures! The red/cream and blue/cream Vintages are already well underway and will be ready soon. This high quality, custom painter (see the process above) better be well rested and up-to-date on vacations because with this quality, the elaborate process, and the great deal Gregory Polaris is offering, he'll be busy for a long time to come. New bikes are converted to two tones for only $1,500.! What a great deal for a custom two tone paint job. I asked what it would cost to have an already purchased Indian painted and they plan to figure their labor time/cost. Rob Gregory, the owner, and first class guy, said they'll try to not have it cost much more. Here are the pictures:

Left side Vintage - on floor.JPG Right side Vintage - different floor angle.JPG Right side Vintage - full.JPG Right side Vintage - on floor.JPG

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another GORGEOUS two tone from Gregory Polaris in Little Rock (Jacksonville) Arkansas! Beautiful, deep, custom painting and for only $22,499.! Wow! The owner, Rob Gregory, a great guy and easy to talk to, my dealer
, can be contacted on 501-834-0344 if interested. His line will be a mile long with these beauties, at that price. AND, Rob is hinting at having another surprise for Valentine's Day, tomorrow! Don't let distance deter you. Call Rob, he'll help work something out. I'm nearly 500 miles away and he is my dealer. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for two tone Chieftains!

Springfield Blue and Cream Two Tone - Front View.PNG Springfield Blue and Cream Two Tone - Right Side.PNG Springfield Blue and Cream Two Tone - Tank Script.PNG

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rob is a really good guy and has genuine concern for what he does. I have bought numerous bikes from dealerships, but his experience was the best. I plan on buying another bike in the next month or two and have a dealer about twenty miles from here but am willing to go 700 miles for the buyer service he has given me on my Indian. genuine people are hard to find.

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could not agree more, Indian1811. Rob is a great guy and great to do business with. I feel SO fortunate to have found Gregory Polaris-Indian and Rob Gregory!

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I contacted Gregory Polaris-Indian in Little Rock (Jacksonville), Ar. to get an update on their Chieftain two tone project and found out that sales of their beautiful two tone Vintages are STRONG and a backlog has developed as a result! I knew, or highly suspected, that the great prices Gregory Indian has, only $1500. for a custom, high quality two tone paint job, with no add-on 'gotcha' costs, and their super customer service, would draw folks in. If interested in a first class two tone Vintage or Classic, at a great price, I'd call them as soon as possible.

Now on the Chieftain; my main interest. They told me that they have decided on a scheme, have the lines taped off, but can't experiment yet because of the line of pre-sold Vintages waiting for paint. They told me what their plans are and WOW! Thank goodness for Gregory Polaris-Indian and thank goodness that Texas did not have an Indian dealer when I ordered my Chieftain.
485 miles is NOTHING to me where they are concerned. They are my dealer!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I now own the bike that we are talking about and traded in my old bike on it. Rob is awesome and as I was bringing bike home on trailer on long trip, every bike from sport to Harley pulled up along side and gave me the thumbs up. I have a lot of experience in the Victory and Polaris department and Rob is the greatest. I had to cover the Willow bike so workers in the area would quit coming by and interrupting my job. Hell of a way to get a rumor mill going in the Harley community I noticed though.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Wow, that is a pretty color combo. My all time favorite is turquoise and cream. One day I'll repaint my Vintage using those colors. Until then Indian Red she'll be.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congratulations 1811! A beautiful bike, Man. Rob offers great service at very fair prices so the backlog on his high quality two tones is growing. For those who don't know, Rob is Rob Gregory of Gregory Polaris - Indian in Little Rock (Jacksonville), Ar. He'll deliver, he'll work with you, and he's just an overall great guy, who runs a great dealership. I could not recommend him more highly. I live 485 miles from him and he is my dealer! Give him a call and you'll understand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question -

I live in new jersey, thats 1200 miles away.. would he consider or is there an existing arrangement to have these custom painted bikes shipped to a dealer here in NJ? Id be willing to pay for the destination fees associated - i just dont feel like driving 1200 miles and buying a trailer to get one. Either way, ill be purchasing an Indian, this would just be icing on the cake.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts