Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1

My 2014 Indian Chief Vintage is the first bike I've owned since 1992! I sold my last bike when I joined the military and always planned on getting another one 'some day', but plans were always put on hold for 'something' (three kids, eight military assignments, mortgage, etc.). There's a pretty good chance I might have never got around to getting another bike, but that was before Polaris caught my imagination with their new Indian Chief. I'm back brother!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, you came back with a vengeance! Thanks for your years of service - now go ride the wheels off that thing!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Polaris got me back into bikes with the 2002 TCD, then the 2010 Vision, and now the Indian. I kept the Vision and added the Indian Chief Vintage. Great bikes. I did have to wait to retire from the Navy, so as an old Chief I love riding my new Chief! My first test ride was in August in Daytona, I now number 1137. Here is a shot of my first test ride in August.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
congrats,,, that as my favorite
of the three also. better late than never i always say ! i'm familiar with that ' i'm back ' feeling and it is freakin awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome brother!!! NICE RIDE BTW!!! And truth be told, I'd rather have the Vintage over the Chieftain. Just saying!

-kg

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
To you and all that serve this country...Thank you for your service PocketAces. Next congrats on your new bike and the e excitement that it brings to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the new bike and welcome back. I also want to thank Indian for giving us vets $1000 in free accessories.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Right on, our stories are close, I got out in 87, when my youngest of 3 turned 18 I went down to the locale Harley shop and picked out a bike, that was 5 years ago (Dyna Wideglide 08) that bike is a lot of fun but I needed something a little more comfortable for the long runs. I test rode Harley, Victory, BMW & Indian touring bikes, all excellent by the way. It came down to the Electra Glyde Limited and Chieftain, the military discount put a blue Chieftain in my garage next to the dyna, all the best to you and your family.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations and welcome!

Those new Indians are just a ton of good looking bike for the money. I'm more a chieftain guy, but. I see why the Vintage is so popular.

TFYS,
Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I am with all you guys. My last bike was 1991. I just started riding again this summer. 2 weeks before my 50th birthday!.

i dont know why i waited but glad to be back. drove a kawasaki for 4 monthe, then bought the CCT. i am thrilled with it!

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all you service guys. Really. The only ones who seem to care bout you guys are us citizens and taxpayers. May you all ride a million miles on whaever 2 wheels you choose.

I'm risking going off topic here..................
My local paper today, the Sentinel and Enterprise had a story about a Gardner, Mass politician saying that he will have to cut Veteran benefits or ask taxpayers to help shoulder the 'burden' for Veteran benefits. What a POS. Oh, that's right, illegals and freeloaders aren't a burden, just the military. Sorry for the rant, but I just saw this story today and it really pisses me off.

My Dad was a WWII vet in the 8th Air Force.

I'm 60 years old now, working many decades and will have to for 10 more.........., just turned a few weeks back, so my 'filter is now broken' and I'm saying what I think out loud now. I also deliberately with everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS in the stores out loud...............
God Bless all Military personel. There was a time the Government and the 'old USA' would have thought so too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I'm 39, and have a simillar story. I had a Suzuki GS1100 that I traded an 81 Honda Civic for. The night I got the bike, it got vandalized, and I spent the rest of that summer learning to fix my bike, and to not rely on a bike for my only mode of transportation. I joined the Air Force in 93 shortly there after, and always had something else in the way of justifying my purchase of another bike (kids, work, other hobbies, etc...).
I started kicking around the idea some this summer after a bike rally in Lynchburg, TN. I signed up for a rider's course to get my license, insurance discount, and be able to test drive something. I was in some serious talks with the Harley dealership for a 2013 Heritage Classic around the beginning of August (hoping to see the 2014 Harleys before deciding)... Then I saw the Indian commercial (prior to the release of Rushmore), and knew that was what I had to have. I put a deposit down the following day on my bike. I had seen Indians here and there, and a few times on American Pickers, but always thought of them as something unobtainable to the likes of me... That all changed when I brought home #1214 and couldn't be happier with my decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts