Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike won't recognize my fob,the bike took a open trailer ride for nine hrs from the oil fields.
It was rained on heavy at times.
Once home,the bike started twice.
Then when I was getting ready to leave,nothing,so I changed the fob battery,nothing.
The alarm light on the back of the fob lights up,but that's it.
Happened to pull in to a indian dealer,asked mech what he thought,
He didn't know
Asked how long to check it out ,again didn't know.
So I've been using the code.
I've removed fuses to try a reset,even disconnected the battery.
No luck.
Any one have any ideas?
Thanks .
Seems forum members have more knowledge than the dealers.

·
German Rider
1,207 Posts
No knowledge here about that, but a friend of mine here in germany, has got exact the same problem on his bike. So, let us know, what the dealer find out or says, what the reason/problem caused that.

Cu,
Sven

·
Rider
943 Posts
Doc
Check under the seat the antenna for fob is on top of battery that 3/4 x 2 1/2” black plastic pc
Didnt think that could get wet but possibly things did
Follow its wire to connector and check connector

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bike won't recognize my fob,the bike took a open trailer ride for nine hrs from the oil fields.
It was rained on heavy at times.
Once home,the bike started twice.
Then when I was getting ready to leave,nothing,so I changed the fob battery,nothing.
The alarm light on the back of the fob lights up,but that's it.
Happened to pull in to a indian dealer,asked mech what he thought,
He didn't know
Asked how long to check it out ,again didn't know.
So I've been using the code.
I've removed fuses to try a reset,even disconnected the battery.
No luck.
Any one have any ideas?
Thanks .
Seems forum members have more knowledge than the dealers.
I owned a 15 Vintage for 4 years and had a fussy fob as well. In mine I discovered that the battery holder wasn’t making a good contact with the circuit board. My battery holder actually came dislodged from the board. I super glued the battery holder in place then cut a small piece of foam rubber and placed it on top of the battery so when the case was snapped back together the foam applied pressure to improve the contact. Worked for me.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I owned a 15 Vintage for 4 years and had a fussy fob as well. In mine I discovered that the battery holder wasn’t making a good contact with the circuit board. My battery holder actually came dislodged from the board. I super glued the battery holder in place then cut a small piece of foam rubber and placed it on top of the battery so when the case was snapped back together the foam applied pressure to improve the contact. Worked for me.
Hope this helps.
Computers on these bikes,! I’ve had mine at the dealer had the updated reflash for my computer and the fob has worked well since, but the battery seems to die fast on the fob.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Recently got some new riding pants and the little pocket I keep the fob in has lead me to forget it being in the pants and allowed it to run thru the washer twice now. Still works without any issues. Been over a year with the same battery as well. I took it apart after its last bath and realized it looks like an oring seal around the electronics as there wasn't any moisture in the electronic area of the fob. Mine is from 2018. So not sure if they have been upgraded but thats my experience.

·
Bronze member
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope this helps.
Computers on these bikes,! I’ve had mine at the dealer had the updated reflash for my computer and the fob has worked well since, but the battery seems to die fast on the fob.
What did they charge you for that and did it change your idle or engine settings at all?
Thanks to everyone for the replys

·
Bronze member
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope this helps.
I'll try that thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
My fob didn't show any signs of getting weak ibjust decided to replace it because I have a bunch of the cr2032 batteries and I took it apart due to the washing machine incident and it is 16months since I purchased the bike. However I never use the lock unlock feature unless I am showing off. I just touch the button on the tank, in an effort to conserve battery? FWIW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts