Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to find other Forum user who may be near you or in a specific location? The 'User Map' seems to only show whomever may be on line at the given time you access the map. Is there any 'members' list or such that could be sorted by location ???

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Good question JLIG. The map is near useless for this. Members don't seem to want to pin their location. However you can get a list of the "Notable" members here. Go to the Map page. On the left is a menu item to click to get member list, admin list, etc. Does not list all members. Over on the Chief Motorcycle Forum you can list all registered members, sort them by various attributes, and review their profiles, if you like. Wish we had that here.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
JLIG
other local riders have found me by my location under my icon. I have even gotten to ride with a Indian Scout rider after he saw I live only 14 miles away. We met at local coffee shop then road the Garden of the Gods.
I now know DR Z lives only 20 miles from my old home in Texas. You can make a pen pal on here or connect and ride by sending a direct mail to that person.

If I ever ride through Maryland I am going to stop in and look at Quinn's new 2015 Vintage.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Caveman you need to try to make the Indian rally in Branson huntersfriendresort/ Indian Rally at Indian Point
end of May first week of June
Will be the 4th time I've gone, great riding, great friends, a lot of the folks are on our forums..

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
What if someone doesn't want everyone knowing where they are located? I would think if you want to meet up with someone or a group one could post in a thread and/or PM an individual(s).

There is a place to enter your location on your profile page and many times they are left blank or something silly is entered into that field. If I see a blank or something silly entered I assume that individual doesn't want their location public.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Unfortunately, this forum software is new and does not have a lot of plug-in support yet. We will have to wait for the "aftermarket" to develop the plug-ins.

For now, the use of the Regional Forums will have to suffice:
Indian Motorcycle Regional Forums | Indian Motorcycle Forum
Thanks Nick. Actually this software is the best I've seen (and I've been in the IT biz for 30yrs). User friendly, etc. The short comings I mentioned were just a response-post, not meant to critique. Personally, I'll find local riders through my IMRG chapter, or on the road. The bikes are such magnets. Location of members, for me, is nice to have for those long trips where I can get help if needed, or just stop by and shoot the shit.

BTW - glad you're healing well, and THANK YOU for all the hard admin work you do.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
This software is among the best that I have used as well. Unfortunately, it is on the bleeding edge of development. The old software (vBulletin) has been around for many many years and has had many developers working on plug-ins for it over the years.

In due time xenforo will have the same array of plug-ins available. Sorry for the inconvenience right now. Hopefully someone will dev something that will work better soon. :)

Thank you for your ideas and for the input. We are looking to make the forum the best that it can be for our users. Thank you also for the well wishes in my healing.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
JLIG
other local riders have found me by my location under my icon. I have even gotten to ride with a Indian Scout rider after he saw I live only 14 miles away. We met at local coffee shop then road the Garden of the Gods.
I now know DR Z lives only 20 miles from my old home in Texas. You can make a pen pal on here or connect and ride by sending a direct mail to that person.

If I ever ride through Maryland I am going to stop in and look at Quinn's new 2015 Vintage.
Honored. And you are always welcome my brother. Live smack between Washington, DC and Baltimore. Can put you up if you want to do the tourist thing in Disney Congress (DC).

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Caveman you need to try to make the Indian rally in Branson huntersfriendresort/ Indian Rally at Indian Point
end of May first week of June
Will be the 4th time I've gone, great riding, great friends, a lot of the folks are on our forums..
Thanks Chief
I had looked at this already,Grandson graduates on June 4 in Texas , so this is my priority this year

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Unfortunately, this forum software is new and does not have a lot of plug-in support yet. We will have to wait for the "aftermarket" to develop the plug-ins.

For now, the use of the Regional Forums will have to suffice:
Indian Motorcycle Regional Forums | Indian Motorcycle Forum

NickJ, I have a question for you - Is it possible to create a specific SCOUT section for all the new Scout riders? I know Chieftain has one, It would make it easier if all the info were in one place.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
This software is among the best that I have used as well. Unfortunately, it is on the bleeding edge of development. The old software (vBulletin) has been around for many many years and has had many developers working on plug-ins for it over the years.
Thank God you're not using vBulletin. Kawf is better than that. (Had to add my 2¢)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts