Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Find me a Scout that handles better than this one?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  FatscoutAustralia 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, after a short wait my Scout suspension is now completed. In the rear I have Nitron R3's at 295mm adjustable up to 305mm in overall length with 50mm of working stroke length and springs custom made to suit my weight. Of course it has adjustable preload, rebound, low speed compression and high speed compression.

In the front I have the Ktech Tracker cartridge kit with adjustable preload, compression and rebound. The cartridge kit itself was modified and improved by Adam at Suspensionrus in Australia and I upgraded the Ktech springs that are normally supplied with the Ktech cartridge kit to a set of high end Race Tech springs.

At the same time of installing the rear shockers I had a set of Dean Speed rear sliders installed for the off chance I drop my new bike. The bike currently has an identity crisis with its tan leather seat but is going to look finished once I install my black leather Corbin seat with dark red welt to match the Indian paintwork and custom gold colored Corbin logo to match all the other gold highlights on my bike.

Enjoy the picture:

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Fuel tank

Vehicle Tire Auto part Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
H, not yet. I have taken it out on straight roads such as highways and other smaller residential streets and are happy with its performance. However I would not be the best person to compare it to the standard suspension as I wasn't confident enough to ride it with the standard setup.

I will let my friend who has many decades of racing experience and has also ridden the Scout with standard suspension to let me know what he thinks of the upgrade after he has ridden it through the twisties.

I would think the "sportbike Scout" on here handles better than yours.

Nice scoot though!
With a name like "sportbike Scout" I would have no doubt it would handle better than mine or would at least hope it would.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.