Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this from my dealer...

Hi Cecil,

We have received news that the Scout's have started to ship. So as each customer's bike shows up we will be in contact with you individually. They are not numbered bikes like the full-size Indians were, however you may be able to tell the production number by the VIN#. We won't know more information until we receive the bikes.​

·
Registered
558 Posts
Honestly. That sucks they aren't numbered! What the heck is up with that? I mean I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the little box of goodies, big freaking deal but a "# Of #" like the Chiefs had with the great warranty would of been special. A numbered bike costs very little to make happen and would build a real connect with Indian and its 1st Run Scout buyers.

Maybe this is another instance of dealer confusion? At least I hope so. :(

On the upside, delivery is finally happening!!! :)

Reactions: Cindy

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Honestly. That sucks they aren't numbered! What the heck is up with that? I mean I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the little box of goodies, big freaking deal but a "# Of #" like the Chiefs had with the great warranty would of been special. A numbered bike costs very little to make happen and would build a real connect with Indian and its 1st Run Scout buyers.
I agree, was hoping for the same thing :(

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Registered
748 Posts
If true that is a major miss by Indian. I wonder what other wonderful surprises they have in store us 1st run people.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts

Hi Cecil,

We have received news that the Scout's have started to ship. So as each customer's bike shows up we will be in contact with you individually. They are not numbered bikes like the full-size Indians were, however you may be able to tell the production number by the VIN#. We won't know more information until we receive the bikes.​
Thank you for that great news. Let us know when you pick up the bike. I'm can't wait to hear some riding experience post on the Scout. Hope you enjoy it before winter sets in.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I just want to get an email from my Nebraska dealer and dont want to bug him. Teaching me some patience...

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope they're wrong too, was looking forward to having a very low number since I ordered first day... but my dealer is Mike Menneto (Steve's brother). I'm guessing they have pretty solid information.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taboothe, thanks but sorry to say winter's already here... my Scout will stay in a crate until early spring. But I might stop by the dealer this week, they received their first Slingshots today.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I hope they're wrong too, was looking forward to having a very low number since I ordered first day... but my dealer is Mike Menneto (Steve's brother). I'm guessing they have pretty solid information.
Congrats Cecilp! Glad your Scout is getting delivered! Awesome news. My bad. I sorta took the wind out of your thread with my *****'n about numbered bikes. So my apology. Still glad I have a Scout coming and thankful I can be part of this.

Have a Happy Indian Scout Christmas!!! :D

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Glad to Hear they are Finally Coming No Clue how long that means for others but just to hear they are starting to roll sounds great to me .. I actually reserved a Scout with HQ on the Web in Early August and went to the dealer the following day and they said wait until you hear from Indian to follow up and then make a deposit .. Not sure if that means anything for getting it earlier , time will tell but anyway At least here in FL Ride Year Round ..

·
Registered
733 Posts

Hi Cecil,

Saratoga Springs NY In another example of corporate wisdom it appears bikes are going north into the cold and snow while southern states with year round riding will sit and wait. On the positive side all the Scout brothers up north should have the cleanest best detailed bikes around by the time they can safely get them on the road. Congrats to all those that do recieve them I will be jealous. I apologize in advance if Im getting any of this wrong, that is the problem when information only trickles out rather than keeping eager buyers informed.Update, Update, Update Thursday Dec. 4, 2014 10:00 hours I just received a phone call from Ride Now Ocala. apparently two Scouts arrived there this morning. Not pre-orders, not deposited bikes but, put on the floor and sell bikes. When I told Tom I had a pre-ordered, deposit on, accessorised Silver Smoke Scout I was waiting to hear about, he was chuckling appologetic, Tom said as soon as it arrives he will give me a call. So either the bikes we are waiting for are getting some special attention or the flim flam scam of internet hype has risen to new levels. Either way it certainly give's my above statement a little more weight; even if the trucks are heading in all directions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's great news, my wife can't wait to get her Scout. I plan on riding it home for her no matter how cold it is.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
.Update, Update, Update Thursday Dec. 4, 2014 10:00 hours I just received a phone call from Ride Now Ocala. apparently two Scouts arrived there this morning. Not pre-orders, not deposited bikes but, put on the floor and sell bikes. When I told Tom I had a pre-ordered, deposit on, accessorised Silver Smoke Scout I was waiting to hear about, he was chuckling appologetic, Tom said as soon as it arrives he will give me a call. So either the bikes we are waiting for are getting some special attention or the flim flam scam of internet hype has risen to new levels. Either way it certainly give's my above statement a little more weight; even if the trucks are heading in all directions.
Well Good News in a Way.. I Guess will give credit to whoever called you from Ride Now as that's where my Bike is coming to as well and No Call Here .. Sure better have some kind of reason that they are putting Bikes on the Floor to Sell while many others that have waited months with hard earned money down in advance still sit and twiddle our thumbs ..

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Ride Now Ocala. apparently two Scouts arrived there this morning. Not pre-orders, not deposited bikes but, put on the floor and sell bikes
That's not right at all. So someone who didn't pre-order can walk right in and say, "Hey I want that Scout." Not fair at all to the people who pre-ordered. FOUL :mad:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well ... I'm not too surprised. Polaris did the same thing with the Slingshot. Indian is in this business to make $$ and having a bike to show customers will make them money. Indian never said pre-orders would arrive before dealership bikes. They did say the pre-orders would be arriving by year end. I'm happy with my 5 year warranty and owners kit stuff. Indian sends out neat stuff. As long as they get the pre-order bikes to dealerships by years end, they'll meet their plan. We would have sold many more Scouts if we would have had one to show Sept > now. Our demo event was in early August on a Tue/Wed so many people couldn't attend to actually see, let alone ride a Scout. Glad to hear a dealership received theirs. I was off Wed/today. Maybe we got ours?? :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
It Might have been mistake from the sales department point or, maybe just a little over excitement running down a list of people who have stopped by. Might even be the factory pushed out the base models and paint is the culprit but, makes you wonder who dotted the I's and crossed T's with this roll out. Guess we can all agree though that a well made bike is what we hope to get when we get them and Indian seems to be covering that base atleast.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Here is what I was told. "No Scouts for dealers until 1st Runs were delivered." So "no" I'm not impressed at all and in thinking about this more Polaris played with the words on this so I shouldn't be surprised. 1st Runs are delivering so dealers can now receive their inventory. That's pretty lousy on Polaris's part and personal Troop everybody that ordered a Scout on the faith that we'd be treated a little bit better should feel a bit slighted. I sure do. :(

I don't even fault the dealer network as this comes down to Polaris not properly communicating with them.

I'm happy to be part of the Scout 1st Run just not as excited as I once was.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If it's true ... oh well. If it's not true ... oh well. I could be angry, but that's just a waste of energy. I'll focus my energy on getting my Scout and riding my Scout whenever possible. Should be real soon now ...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Maybe someone could get a picture of that "on the floor" Scout.;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts