Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Indian on Thursday! It is not quite what I expected to get, but I couldn't pass up the deal when I thought about it and talked with my wife. I got a 2014 black Chief Vintage. I will have the 5 year warranty, and it was their demo model, so it had 296 miles already. I got a good deal on it at the Scottsdale Indian dealership here in Phoenix, AZ. Of course, having the extra miles, I am already at my 500 mile service. I changed the oil and will do the other inspection and lube items in the morning.

So glad to finally have my Indian Chief! (big sigh . . . )

I definitely plan to have it painted, and the guys in Scottsdale will swap out the tins as others have stated their dealers will. I have fallen for the red and ivory color of the 2015s, but I will wait on that. . . of course, mine will be pretty unique, since I have to get it painted anyhow, I want to do something special.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Congratulations on the Vintage, post some pics when you can :D

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I finally got my Indian on Thursday! It is not quite what I expected to get, but I couldn't pass up the deal when I thought about it and talked with my wife. I got a 2014 black Chief Vintage. I will have the 5 year warranty, and it was their demo model, so it had 296 miles already. I got a good deal on it at the Scottsdale Indian dealership here in Phoenix, AZ. Of course, having the extra miles, I am already at my 500 mile service. I changed the oil and will do the other inspection and lube items in the morning.

So glad to finally have my Indian Chief! (big sigh . . . )

I definitely plan to have it painted, and the guys in Scottsdale will swap out the tins as others have stated their dealers will. I have fallen for the red and ivory color of the 2015s, but I will wait on that. . . of course, mine will be pretty unique, since I have to get it painted anyhow, I want to do something special.

Congratulations, now the fun begins.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Congratulations on the bike. As I was on my demo ride I was thinking "I wonder if I could save some coin by picking up one of these demo bikes".

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I don't mean to rub it in. Actually it has been disappointingly hot this week. I was hoping to see the difference with a windshield and cold weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealership has already treated the leather, and I did the 500 mile service today. Everything tight, clean and lubed as it should be.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The dealership has already treated the leather, and I did the 500 mile service today. Everything tight, clean and lubed as it should be.

Looks great! I have the same vintage and just crazy about it! Enjoy, and welcome to the Indian family, ride safe!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the vintae,, same bike here also. Sitting on the porch here this morning at a hotel in tombstone admiring it. Waiting for the wife to wake up so we can go ride. Enjoy your new bike, they are awesome machines!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great looking bike enjoy the warm weather. I have mine parked now for our Wisconsin winter. View attachment 3241
I have never winterized, but I understand that you have to lift the bike or support the tires. Does the soft soil help maintain the tire shape, or do you just not have a way to store it with the wheels off the ground?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lot of bikes our there this weekend, but only saw one other Indian, green and white Vintage out on 191. Hope to meet up with you to TKD. One of these days we will need to do an Arizona Indian Rally!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts