Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the frozen tundra of North Dakota and just wanted to express how happy i am the snow is finally melted and can put some miles on the 'ol Chieftain.

Anyone else out there excited as me to ride?

Lets see some pictures of everyones bike!
IMG_0170 (1).jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Which part? Picture makes think out towards Dickinson-ish? I live in Minot... I was able to do about 100 mile ride this past weekend but it’s been unfavorable again this week.

Was nice to get back out though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
First ride was Saturday, followed by Sunday, followed by today. This coming weekend cold but happy for first rides of the season.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Lived in ND for many years. Fargo, Minot and Williston. Yes it is good to ride again. Polar vortex was brutal, wasn’t it? By the way that is a great looking chieftain! Looks a lot like mine.

Reactions: Thunderstroker111

·
Bronze member
1,678 Posts
Boston area. Rode a few times last week, 45 and 55 degrees. Maybe 70 on Saturday. I do not recall the severity and amount of wind in the last year or so. 50-60 mph gusts. The windchill is 10-20 degrees below actual. Time for wind power I guess.

·
Administrator
14,700 Posts
73 degrees yday here in Colorado and snowstorm this weekend. It ain’t over yet!

It’s like a very slow striptease this year...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which part? Picture makes think out towards Dickinson-ish? I live in Minot... I was able to do about 100 mile ride this past weekend but it’s been unfavorable again this week.

Was nice to get back out though.
Over by Watford City. As long as most of the dirt is off the road I don’t mind throwing an extra layer on when it gets chilly. Get to ride with all the lovely semis hauling oil and throwing rocks and mud

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Yeah, this seemed like a loooong winter here in the PNW. The previous winter, I bet I got out at least every other weekend for at least a little bit. Had a lot of snow this year that hung around for weeks, which is pretty unusual, but that was just part of it. I think it was colder overall and I was probably a little busier too but I've been itching for some 50-degree weather and we finally got into it consistently just a week or two ago I think. I had an overnight event to attend in Bellingham last weekend -- just 100 miles or so north -- and was able to ride my Classic to and fro without a drop of rain and perfectly warm enough.... Feels good.... finally!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,823 Posts
Yesterday was the second of a two day warm spell and I got to ride four times. Today is a cold rainy mess and more rain tomorrow. It's supposed to be dry Sunday but chilly followed by a four day stretch of riding weather Monday through Thursday. I can hardly wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts