Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally paid her off! The first thing I did with the cash I would have spent on payments for three months was purchase some aftermarket parts. The passenger sissy bar is not as cleanly welded as the OEM but is sturdy and functional. I used my stimulus to purchase TMCT hard bags and front highway bar. I want to look for a shop to paint the bags pearl white how ever my wife is asking I strip the bike down and paint it a different color. I'm stoked just to have this new stuff on my bike. Don't get me wrong the Vikings I have on the bike currently look ok and are bigger as far as the volume they hold. I was planning on looking for some chieftain slip-ons because of my new purchase. I saw on a thread here some people use heat tape to save on the expense slip-ons. Any one have suggestions on the procedure on mounting the aftermarket bags? They didn't come with instructions and I'm wanting to make sure I get the torque specs correct on all three of my purchases.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I scored a set of chieftain slip-ons for real good deal! Big issue now is do I venture in painting my bags myself or shell out $500US to have them done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts