Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Andrew Wheeler.

I'm a British expat, who back in August became an American Citizen. Originally I was born in Bath in the UK and moved to be with my wife Emily (who died of cancer last May/2015 after being married to each other for 24 years) in 1990. We lived in San Jose until 1996 until we moved to Capitola/Santa Cruz.

I have been riding motorcycles of all descriptions since I was seven years old, and when I moved I took a loooong hiatus from riding just because of economics whatever, until I was loaned (almost gifted) a Kawasaki ZX10R. I am also motorcycle racing photographer, having started shooting the AMA in 2005 with a sprinkling, moving to WSBK in 2009 and then in 2010 I well full time freelance into the world of MotoGP. Even though I have been shooting a handful of MotoGP races since 2005, my primary focus is now the MotoGP class.

Following, the death of my wife I couldn't really focus on my job, and simply did odd assignments to just keep my hand in, and one of those was to go to Bonneville last year, during which time the Scout was launched. I was actually planning on buying a motorcycle and getting back into it and during the summer tested many machines, sportbikes, ADV bikes but no cruisers. However, the Scout was launched, some of my editorial writer friends wrote articles praising the bike and I just thought, I'm gonna buy one, without even swinging a leg over!

Paid for it in September, mid January it turned up, and I have ridden it at every opportunity since (being that I travel all over the world I'm home for short periods but still, I have two cars and take the Scout in place of those if I just need to go get something or just simply go for a ride up HWY1).

So that's a little about me, I'm also an avid cook, and I can be found on IG under automotophoto and I have a page on FB that covers my motorcycle racing work, as well as my archive on the web. I do pop in and read this forum from time to time and hopefully will become a little more active than I have been.

That said I love my motorcycle.

IMG_2008.jpg
Have a great weekend everyone.... =)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to Indian.
And most of all, congratulations sir on becoming a citizen of the U.S. Happy to have you here!

p.s. You now are having Sausage & 'taters, not Bangers and Mash. :)

·
Founding member
1,744 Posts
Congratulations on the Scout, it looks beautiful and I see you've chosen the fastest color, contrary to what some heretics may say.

Also I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Congratulations on the Scout!:)
Congratulations on your new home country USA.:)
Thank you on all the photographes & write ups in the Magazines.:)
Sorry for your loss, glad you hung in there.
Welcome to the forum & tribe.:cool:
If you think your Scout color is the fastest, that's fine.:rolleyes: But, others have been doing Scientific studies and reach on this, even Stephen Hawking's has been quoted on here.:cool: So we are talking deep, I mean DEEP.:confused: You have been warned.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on the Scout!:)
Congratulations on your new home country USA.:)
Thank you on all the photographes & write ups in the Magazines.:)
Sorry for your loss, glad you hung in there.
Welcome to the forum & tribe.:cool:
If you think your Scout color is the fastest, that's fine.:rolleyes: But, others have been doing Scientific studies and reach on this, even Stephen Hawking's has been quoted on here.:cool: So we are talking deep, I mean DEEP.:confused: You have been warned.:)

Thank you making me chuckle!! =)

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Things to like about you:
Ex Pat from the UK
US Citizen
Photog
Indian Owner
Gold Member (Shaken not Stirred) in a James Bond Voice - Wheeler. Andrew Wheeler
Welcome Brother - Glad You are Brother and sorry for your loss
BTW - Buy a gun

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Things to like about you:
Ex Pat from the UK
US Citizen
Photog
Indian Owner
Gold Member (Shaken not Stirred) in a James Bond Voice - Wheeler. Andrew Wheeler
Welcome Brother - Glad You are Brother and sorry for your loss
BTW - Buy a gun
Thank you....another chuckle worthy reply!!

I have no need for guns, I'd rather buy another expensive kitchen appliance or maybe some suspension upgrades for the machine!!

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
My name is Andrew Wheeler.

I'm a British expat, who back in August became an American Citizen. Originally I was born in Bath in the UK and moved to be with my wife Emily (who died of cancer last May/2015 after being married to each other for 24 years) in 1990. We lived in San Jose until 1996 until we moved to Capitola/Santa Cruz.

I have been riding motorcycles of all descriptions since I was seven years old, and when I moved I took a loooong hiatus from riding just because of economics whatever, until I was loaned (almost gifted) a Kawasaki ZX10R. I am also motorcycle racing photographer, having started shooting the AMA in 2005 with a sprinkling, moving to WSBK in 2009 and then in 2010 I well full time freelance into the world of MotoGP. Even though I have been shooting a handful of MotoGP races since 2005, my primary focus is now the MotoGP class.

Following, the death of my wife I couldn't really focus on my job, and simply did odd assignments to just keep my hand in, and one of those was to go to Bonneville last year, during which time the Scout was launched. I was actually planning on buying a motorcycle and getting back into it and during the summer tested many machines, sportbikes, ADV bikes but no cruisers. However, the Scout was launched, some of my editorial writer friends wrote articles praising the bike and I just thought, I'm gonna buy one, without even swinging a leg over!

Paid for it in September, mid January it turned up, and I have ridden it at every opportunity since (being that I travel all over the world I'm home for short periods but still, I have two cars and take the Scout in place of those if I just need to go get something or just simply go for a ride up HWY1).

So that's a little about me, I'm also an avid cook, and I can be found on IG under automotophoto and I have a page on FB that covers my motorcycle racing work, as well as my archive on the web. I do pop in and read this forum from time to time and hopefully will become a little more active than I have been.

That said I love my motorcycle.

View attachment 27812 Have a great weekend everyone.... =)
welcome!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts