·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good to know!

My battery is approaching 2 years old so I need to start considering replacements.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are numerous posts about original batteries failing before and around the two year mark. I’d like to be pro active before being stranded.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
There are numerous posts about original batteries failing before and around the two year mark. I’d like to be pro active before being stranded.
My stator went out at 3 1/2 years, so I changed out the battery too. Stator was under warranty. I just realized my 5 year warranty runs out July 19,2019. 6 months!!! How time flys when you ride such an incredible machine.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Dont count on much more than 2 years on the OEM Batteries. These are known not to last. I replaced mine at the very 1st sign of trouble.

·
Founding member
957 Posts
I bought the same 500 amp battery last spring. Works great my 4 year old original battery. Was on it's last legs

·
Silver member
5,289 Posts
Would or does that Wicked Start 500 CCA slide right into a '15 Vintage? I bought my '15 Vintage pre-loved this summer and wanna replace the battery. Bike is currently pickled for the winter and a little difficult to unwrap and measure the battery compartment.

·
Senior member / gold
6,983 Posts
Would or does that Wicked Start 500 CCA slide right into a '15 Vintage? I bought my '15 Vintage pre-loved this summer and wanna replace the battery. Bike is currently pickled for the winter and a little difficult to unwrap and measure the battery compartment.
Everyone seems to be using the same Renegade battery, so I am assuming a yes response. Wished it had the CCA of the 30 model, but, Hey! It is much better that OE.

·
Founding member
2,280 Posts
Yes, direct size replacement for all 111s.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
on my 2016 Classic. The original battery didn't last as long as I thought it would, but oh well. My husband's battery finally died on his 2015 Vintage this weekend. I ordered him the same battery as I got. Here's a link if interested. It was recommended by several people.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZLJ945/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the replacement battery that I went with about 1½ years ago on my 2015 Chieftain, it has more cranking amps than stock and has performed just fine.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Exactly what I replaced mine with a bit over a Year ago after my Starter was replaced under warranty and honestly think the Starter needed replacing because of low cranking amps from the OEM Battery .. Had no problems since even with low temp starting where with the OEM would barely crank ..

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I put mine on the battery tender for about 2 weeks after I put the new battery in.
But I do something that I know nobody does. I crank it every day. I don't know why I do this. I started doing it cuz I liked the sound.
One day I didn't crank it and when my neighbor saw me he asked if my bike was ok cuz he didn't hear me crank it!! Never realized the neighbors were listening. Lol!!!?

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts