Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still having issues with shift sensor. Polaris gave up on mine and had dealer replace entire wiring harness. Said it was a voltage thing. Harness replaced. Bingo, knock on wood, works perfectly.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I had no issues before the recall was done, and I had one instance of a false neutral reading while shifting from 2nd to 3rd a few months after I had the recall done, but I may have caused that by muffing the shift.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I posted in another thread, but may be worth repeating... I also had no issues before the recall, but i sure did after they fixed it... long story short: the last visit included tightening the battery cables, cleaning the sensor (again) and "checking" three different wiring harness connections... I believe unplugging, dielectric grease, re-plugging.
it worked.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The cruise control disengaged a few times in sixth gear because of some issues. Yes, I previously had the fix.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think that you are better off not touching it if it isn't giving you issue. One of our members had it done and it leaked out most of the oil in the bike, faulty seal from the factory. Another member had it done and it failed a week later. Needed a flash update.. Failed again. They replaced it. Just had another failure. Not sure where Indian is getting this part but clearly it ain't right.

·
Rider
1,335 Posts
Yeah!
Mine was working fine but basically got talked into it.
The 10 A circuit breaker needed replacement and then we also thought I will just get it done.
This was proved out with the 2nd gen bad switches, NOT!
Bike wouldnt start this morning cuz it thought it is in gear as I was rolling it out backwards hit button and nothing.
So when clutch microswitch fails you go nowhere
Plus the gear position switch works with throttle map so theres another problem I asked for!
The dealer told oh no the switch has nothing to do with throttle
BS it dont. This is why when shifted to 6th it fell flat on its face and no power
I am so pissed right now that this is all dickied up now like it is

·
Rider
1,728 Posts
I never had mine messed with 18 Vintage Chief almost 10k miles. I think I read on here somewhere that now I dian has it listed to clean and inspect but not replace at the 10k oil change / maintenance.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's correct or at least what I was told at the dealership. 20+ models have a different design switch. Not sure if that is on the clean every 10k list. Regardless, when I take it in for service on the 20k interval they will be told in no uncertain terms...leave it alone.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,437 Posts
I’m not bragging but sometimes the only people who say anything are the ones who have problems. Those who don’t have any problem keep quite. That tends to skew the perception a bit.

For me, I didn’t have an issue before the recall was performed or after. I can see why you might want to wait to have the recall done only if you start having problems though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just had mine worked on a second time. It worked fine on the 2 hour ride home. (I hope it stays that way)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts