Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this can be seen as bragging, but really I am just excited to share the news.

Monday night I submitted my last two projects for my MS degree in Cyber Security. It has been 19 years since I earned my MBA and 23 years since I earned my BS in Electrical Engineering.

When I dropped out of college at 19 to get married and enlist in the Marine Corps, no one expected me to finish my bachelors degree, much less get two masters.

But yesterday was bittersweet for me. I found out one of my Marine brothers had been killed in a car accident on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
9,285 Posts
Congrats on your achievement — outstanding, hard work involved. And respectfully, try not to let the death of your friend detract from that — they are separate, distinct events and he is undoubtedly beaming with pride on what you’ve done.

·
Rider
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your achievement — outstanding, hard work involved. And respectfully, try not to let the death of your friend detract from that — they are separate, distinct events and he is undoubtedly beaming with pride on what you’ve done.
Thanks, Hink.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Congratulations! It’s a major milestone to finish two masters degrees. I finished my second one back when I was still on active duty (and had all the time in the world to work on it). I know it had to difficult to complete while holding down a regular job. You ought be justifiably proud of that accomplishment.

Bubba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts