Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got a call from the dealer and got the luggage rack for my Chieftain. I was looking at the siiy bar back packs they had in the store and asked about them. He said they are having a sale on them. We were going through it and we noticed that a small 6" fiberglass rod for the mount was missing. I told him I would go 50% on it and after looking it up he went for it. I might buy some sort of front engine guard wind deflector though. $h!t!!! I might not be done. I also noticed the handle bars on the Roadmaster. I gotta say they are better feeling too. But if I want any more, I will trade for a Roadmaster. But first I need to get the Scout home, and see what kind of new product come out for the 75th Sturgis Rally.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Today I got a call from the dealer and got the luggage rack for my Chieftain. I was looking at the siiy bar back packs they had in the store and asked about them. He said they are having a sale on them. We were going through it and we noticed that a small 6" fiberglass rod for the mount was missing. I told him I would go 50% on it and after looking it up he went for it. I might buy some sort of front engine guard wind deflector though. $h!t!!! I might not be done. I also noticed the handle bars on the Roadmaster. I gotta say they are better feeling too. But if I want any more, I will trade for a Roadmaster. But first I need to get the Scout home, and see what kind of new product come out for the 75th Sturgis Rally.
And so it goes. :cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nothing better than finding a way to make my motorcycle therapy better. I say its still cheaper than a head shrinker.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
"THE LAST ACCESSORY"

Man, when you find it, let me know.
I'd like to just fast forward the tape to that spot.

Reactions: vintage

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Can't count how many times I said this is the last accessory I need. Like playing a recording on repeat. But beats gambling, at least at the end of the day you have something to show for.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
A new motorcycle is just a starter kit. I never get tired of catalog shopping.

Bright,shiny objects are my downfall! Do I really need magnetic drain plugs?

·
Founding member
1,507 Posts
A new motorcycle is just a starter kit. I never get tired of catalog shopping.

Bright,shiny objects are my downfall! Do I really need magnetic drain plugs?
No, but you need to upgrade your speakers, gut your mufflers, add some cams, add more rear lights, and glue as many Indian head nickles on it as you can.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
About those suggestions geewago,yep got the Indian head nickel glued on my dash,added Hyper lights on rear and a pair of Silver Bullet lights up front.

Stage One mufflers took care of the sound. That leaves speakers and cams from your suggested list.

I did up grade the speakers on my 14 Chieftain but find the 16 Chieftain sounds fine stock.

Cams? Yep my local dealer is clueless,quoted over a thousand dollars. Said they had to pull the motor! Asked if they had the tool to aid instillation.I got the dear in the head light look! So that mod will wait till this winter.At Daytona Bike Week cams were installed for around 650$

Now,lets talk Cat removal. Got the rush head pipes in the box but the dilemma is mufflers.I want to retain the stage ones but the heat shields wont cover the front of the mufflers. I really don't want to buy the Rush mufflers so my search continues for after market heat shields for the transition.

Like I said the bike was just the start!

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
The RM handlebars are one of the reasons, among several, that got me to trade my Chieftain for the RM, builder. I first went to the pull back bars on the Chieftain but they didn't do it for me. Keep us posted on that Scout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts