Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a ‘19 Chieftain Limited on 4/20. Took a lot of time thinking & riding different bikes before deciding on this & I have no regrets. I also have 2010 HD V-Rod Muscle that I’ve taken to Sturgis twice as well as other road trips. It was time to get a bike I can pack easily! After a 170 mile day riding around the outskirts of Vegas I found that I need a more comfortable seat. I have a Corbin on my V-Rod & I saw some posts where a few people went with that for their Limiteds. I’ll probably go the same route. Also found that my arms need to stretch out just a tad more to be comfortable. I have 2 screws in my elbow & it’s not great being bent for long periods of time. Any adjustments I can make without looking into new bars?
Thanks for letting me join! Looking forward to a lot of long trips!
40127584-95C4-452D-9A7D-F0329A04BC78.jpeg 6F8DF58F-5C5A-4A77-B006-5069BF0C2FA6.jpeg

·
Rider
742 Posts
Nice bike!! Look up the post on this forum called refer a friend. You can get $250 in accessories just for doing it. Welcome to the tribe!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the tribe. Glad you found something you love. That color really pops and have loved it since I first looked at it. Congrats.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Livrocks welcome and wow funny but a mate of mine wanted that colour and if he went with the Burnt Orange he would have to wait another 3 mths. so he bought the DRAGON GREEN as Australia is slow to release all the 2019 models so he would be one of a few with the 2019 ltd. Yours looks so nice I won't tell him about it lol. Enjoy and welcome ,

·
Registered
593 Posts
Without changing your bars, your best option would be along the lines of an Ultimate Tall boy seat. It will sit you back and up about an inch or so. It's also very comfortable on long rides.

·
Rider
816 Posts
I had my stock seat modified by Mean City Cycles.Mean City Cycles :: Motorcycle seat modifications. I got their Iron Butt mod and had them change the seating position so it moved me up and back to accommodate my bum knee and long arms. I am happy. That said, the process takes about a month from the time you ship the seat until you get back. I had another seat I used while having mine done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome big difference from your v rod. Long rides gonna be a lot more comfortable once you get the right seat.
Yes, the bags, fairing, & cruise control make a whole lot of difference!!! [joyful]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Without changing your bars, your best option would be along the lines of an Ultimate Tall boy seat. It will sit you back and up about an inch or so. It's also very comfortable on long rides.
Thanks! I'll check them out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had my stock seat modified by Mean City Cycles.Mean City Cycles :: Motorcycle seat modifications. I got their Iron Butt mod and had them change the seating position so it moved me up and back to accommodate my bum knee and long arms. I am happy. That said, the process takes about a month from the time you ship the seat until you get back. I had another seat I used while having mine done.
Good to know!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts