Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I did, good observation! What are chapter rides? I'd love to join

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Indian Motorcycle Riders Group (IMRG). We had monthly meetings and rides before the craziness started. Contact Norma in service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks folks for the compliments. Hollister did a bang up job, no doubt. And they're easy to work with. I hope to make a journey there some day.

As for all of you saying to social distance on the bike, yep I think you may be on to something ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sweet looking machine. I too just became a new Indian owner, picked up a 2020 Indian Challenger base model last week. I was also a little wary of picking up a first year model with new technology, but absolutely fell in love with the power of the new liquid cooled Powerplus engine. I've been cheating out here in Washington State, (as have ALOT of cycle riders) and taking it out when it's sunny. Go for it!!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sweet looking machine. I too just became a new Indian owner, picked up a 2020 Indian Challenger base model last week. I was also a little wary of picking up a first year model with new technology, but absolutely fell in love with the power of the new liquid cooled Powerplus engine. I've been cheating out here in Washington State, (as have ALOT of cycle riders) and taking it out when it's sunny. Go for it!!!!!!
I was close to going the Challenger route, given the rave reviews of performance and handling. Decided to wait and see what other bikes might get that motor down the line.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice, classic look, I too am for things old school. If this virus taught us anything it's that trendy stuff can disappear in the blink of an eye.

I'd recommend that you ride her ass off right now. There is little danger of you getting infected, but you can always wear a face covering if you feel the need. Due to low traffic volumes, we are seeing some of the best riding opportunities in our lifetime if you live in a populated area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been in the market for an Indian since last July. Like many, I went back and forth so many times (Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Classic, Challenger, Springfield, repeat, repeat); it was maddening. I finally made the choice to go old school for now and let Indian's new technological marvels season a bit. So I went with the Chieftain Classic, but also wanted one that had its own look. Although I'm in Texas, I got in touch with Harry at Hollister Powersports. He gave me a pretty amazing deal when all was said and done and custom painted me a 2019 classic (I thought about going with a '20 but couldn't justify paying 3k more just for the new ride command).

Having put this in motion in January, I had no idea viral apocalypse hell was about to descend upon us. So, the bike sits under the car port until the shelter-in-place expiration date comes. However, having received the bike March 30th, I have cheated twice and taken it out for a spin. It's amazing how well-balanced, smooth, and controlled the bike feels; as some have said, it's like riding a Lazy Boy. You'd never know you were riding an 840 pound behemoth. It's a revelation compared to my '17 Dyna; simply worlds apart. Can't wait until normalcy returns and I can put some long miles on it.

Mods done, other than the paint, are Rinehart slip ons, cat gutted, and LED head and running lights. Bike sounds terrific. My thanks again to Harry and crew at Hollister for their amazing work.

View attachment 584133

View attachment 584128

View attachment 584129

View attachment 584131

View attachment 584132
Love that paint job! Sweet looking bike

·
Registered
115 Posts
She sure is "purty" !! I recently bought a 19 Chieftain. It's funny with bikes I was 100% sold on Indian once they came out with the new look (as in mine). But the more I now look at the classics the more I love them. That paint is very nice, congrats.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've been in the market for an Indian since last July. Like many, I went back and forth so many times (Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Classic, Challenger, Springfield, repeat, repeat); it was maddening. I finally made the choice to go old school for now and let Indian's new technological marvels season a bit. So I went with the Chieftain Classic, but also wanted one that had its own look. Although I'm in Texas, I got in touch with Harry at Hollister Powersports. He gave me a pretty amazing deal when all was said and done and custom painted me a 2019 classic (I thought about going with a '20 but couldn't justify paying 3k more just for the new ride command).

Having put this in motion in January, I had no idea viral apocalypse hell was about to descend upon us. So, the bike sits under the car port until the shelter-in-place expiration date comes. However, having received the bike March 30th, I have cheated twice and taken it out for a spin. It's amazing how well-balanced, smooth, and controlled the bike feels; as some have said, it's like riding a Lazy Boy. You'd never know you were riding an 840 pound behemoth. It's a revelation compared to my '17 Dyna; simply worlds apart. Can't wait until normalcy returns and I can put some long miles on it.

Mods done, other than the paint, are Rinehart slip ons, cat gutted, and LED head and running lights. Bike sounds terrific. My thanks again to Harry and crew at Hollister for their amazing work.

View attachment 584133

View attachment 584128

View attachment 584129

View attachment 584131

View attachment 584132
very nice bike

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
She sure is "purty" !! I recently bought a 19 Chieftain. It's funny with bikes I was 100% sold on Indian once they came out with the new look (as in mine). But the more I now look at the classics the more I love them. That paint is very nice, congrats.
Many thanks! I like the new look as well and came within a whisker’s hair of buying a ‘19 Chieftain Darkhorse in bronze smoke. Love the look of that bike. In fact, I was not initially a fan of the old school classic. I held out to see what the ‘20s were like and then changed my mind about the classic the more I looked at it. But I think it’s hard to go wrong with any of the Indian models given the silky smooth ride. And frankly, although the new-look Indians get compared a lot to Harleys, I think they look better (and I own a Harley, albeit a Dyna).

·
Bronze member
1,039 Posts
Welcome to the tribe and congratulations on your beautiful bike! I'm not sure what social distancing rules your state enforces but I'd suggest riding your motorcycle 1-up should comply. If anyone gets too close engage that 111 Thunderstoke and get far away...for safety sake, of course.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts