Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the market for an Indian since last July. Like many, I went back and forth so many times (Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Classic, Challenger, Springfield, repeat, repeat); it was maddening. I finally made the choice to go old school for now and let Indian's new technological marvels season a bit. So I went with the Chieftain Classic, but also wanted one that had its own look. Although I'm in Texas, I got in touch with Harry at Hollister Powersports. He gave me a pretty amazing deal when all was said and done and custom painted me a 2019 classic (I thought about going with a '20 but couldn't justify paying 3k more just for the new ride command).

Having put this in motion in January, I had no idea viral apocalypse hell was about to descend upon us. So, the bike sits under the car port until the shelter-in-place expiration date comes. However, having received the bike March 30th, I have cheated twice and taken it out for a spin. It's amazing how well-balanced, smooth, and controlled the bike feels; as some have said, it's like riding a Lazy Boy. You'd never know you were riding an 840 pound behemoth. It's a revelation compared to my '17 Dyna; simply worlds apart. Can't wait until normalcy returns and I can put some long miles on it.

Mods done, other than the paint, are Rinehart slip ons, cat gutted, and LED head and running lights. Bike sounds terrific. My thanks again to Harry and crew at Hollister for their amazing work.

·
Rider
2015 Chieftain
630 Posts
Great looking bike and a great choice in style. Congrats!!!

Reactions: wed66

·
Bronze member
1,159 Posts
Very Nice, love that color choice
(I am partial to it LOL)

Welcome from up North, where we still have snow and no riding

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
962 Posts
She looks beautiful.

Reactions: wed66

·
Rider
1,128 Posts
You picked a great one. Soon as the snow melts here, I'm going to self-isolate going down the highway @ 65 mph.

--
Gordon

·
Rider
416 Posts
That bike is super nice! Great color combination. Rey and his guys are probably the best to go to as far as customer service and in house options for your bike! I live literally 10 minutes from the dealership here in Fresno but my bikes will definitely be going to Hollister every time!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Just joined and wanted to share my new Indian purchased over the weekend. Super excited, i'm going to need all the help with mods :)... Looking forward to meeting folks here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If I’m not mistaken it looks like you bought your bike at North County. If you did, hope to see you at the chapter rides after the craziness is over.

If you didn’t buy it there....hey, enjoy it anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I’m not mistaken it looks like you bought your bike at North County. If you did, hope to see you at the chapter rides after the craziness is over.

If you didn’t buy it there....hey, enjoy it anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did, good observation! What are chapter rides? I'd love to join

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts