Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I step-by-stepped the wheel assembly and belt alignment per the manual. And did it a few more times just to be sure.

In the end, I've got a belt that tracks the way it should but the left and right alignment marks on the axle are off of each other more than I would have expected.

Going to assume that tracking is paramount and not fret too much about the marks.

Comments/Concerns?

·
Founding Member
708 Posts
I hear and read that the marks are not an exact science so I had the local dealer adjust the belt tension and align the wheel.It was definitely loose so the power response feels much better now, but my belt still squeaks. I did the recommended belt wash and it did get a little better. It seems to quiet down once the bike/belt warms up.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Well I step-by-stepped the wheel assembly and belt alignment per the manual. And did it a few more times just to be sure.

In the end, I've got a belt that tracks the way it should but the left and right alignment marks on the axle are off of each other more than I would have expected.

Going to assume that tracking is paramount and not fret too much about the marks.

Comments/Concerns?
Don't worry about the marks, they are rarely close to being accurate. You did the right thing by relying on the results of following the manual.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

Comments/Concerns?
You are right. If all else fails RTFM ( read the f'n manual)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts