Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

thanks in advance for any help. I know there are some other discussions about this but they seem to be unresolved.

was wondering if anyone had any information when using the illuminator module from badlands (Ill-ind-s). I recently deleted my rear fender and wanted to install some Led Run/brake/turn signals to replace the stock setup.

I installed all my wires, followed all the instructions which were pretty easy, and connected the module to the battery.

When I turned the lights on I had no turn signal function, and the brake lights immediately turn on. when I disconnect the module from the battery, the lights do function properly but they are dimmer than what they should be.

do I need resistors in order for this to work? Is there an easier way to install new run/brake/turn signals in the rear without using the stock tail light?

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kuryakyn module 2588. It creates it's own turn signals. The feed for module comes from the factory ecu which plugs into the Kuryakyn 2588. Problem with factory turns is they pulse to ground when the signals are activated unlike traditional turn signals. This module takes care of that. There's also a turn signal inverter for scouts from custom dynamics that was just released. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kuryakyn module 2588. It creates it's own turn signals. The feed for module comes from the factory ecu which plugs into the Kuryakyn 2588. Problem with factory turns is they pulse to ground when the signals are activated unlike traditional turn signals. This module takes care of that. There's also a turn signal inverter for scouts from custom dynamics that was just released. Hope this helps.
Thanks Anthonyrome, I just checked that one out, the only issue is that is more for someone with a stock tail light. I’ve eliminated the rear fender and tail light already, not sure how this module will work without having the tail light connected.
I think I’ll call kuryakyn and see if they can give me some more info on that. Thanks for your help, brother...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, check out the custom dynamics signal inverter for the scouts.
I actually just did. I think that may actually work. I just emailed custom dynamics, waiting to hear back. Thanks a lot for the help Anthony

if anyone else has anything to add I would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you set your turn signals up yet?
Unfortunately not. I just put up another post on the regular scout forum, hopefully someone can chime in there. I tried both modules you recommended, both no good. It’s so weird with this system.

now I have the tail lights and brake lights working but nothing to the rear turn signals. Going to wait and see if someone has some info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts