Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point me in right direction for saddle bag filler panels. Thnx.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can someone point me in right direction for saddle bag filler panels. Thnx.
Wow! Nothing. I'm looking at the Challenger for my next bike. I would love to get the base model, but only if I can fill those gaps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Nothing. I'm looking at the Challenger for my next bike. I would love to get the base model, but only if I can fill those gaps.
You can get bag fillers they are the same model numbers as the chieftains. Just a heads up you’re looking at $750-$800 for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can also look on cheap cycle parts. Use a limited and they are there. Considered myself, but wasn’t cheap enough for me and there are other things I want more.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can get bag fillers they are the same model numbers as the chieftains. Just a heads up you’re looking at $750-$800 for those.

Thanks GH. Do you know if that price is painted?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hated the ass end without the fillers so much I bought a limited. So I’d say they ran me around $5k

I feel the same way brother! I bought a Dark Horse and hated the look of the Ass end! bought the filler strips from Indian and Wow! what a difference.. Your were smart to go the Limited!

·
Rider
559 Posts
I feel the same way brother! I bought a Dark Horse and hated the look of the Ass end! bought the filler strips from Indian and Wow! what a difference.. Your were smart to go the Limited!
I think it’s insane that the DH doesn’t come with fillers or highway bars. They say black ing everything out is more expensive than chrome, but I call BS on that. It’s just trendy so they upcharge it. For DH money you should get those things IMO.

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
So, if you want to put the rear fender closeouts on your Challenger you're looking at an $800 investment for everything? Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
You can purchase them at www.CheapCycleParts.com

Clicjk the link to the right > 2020 Indian CHALLENGER BASE/LIMITED (N20LCARR/N20LCBRR) Body, Fender, Rear, Limited N20lcarr All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts

You will need to make sure you order both Closeout Fender Uppers - #18-LH & #14-RH (Left Hand Side & Right Hand Side) plus I recommend you get the foam seal for each so they don't rub the paint on the rear fender. Only problem is your are offered a choice of the Limited colors for the Closeouts, so obviously if you are buying these for a Baseline Challenger, they are not going to match your paint.

Each Closeout Fender Upper cost $174.99 and each Foam Seal cost $1.99 - Total Cost $353.96 + tax & shipping

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
Mighty
You can purchase them at www.CheapCycleParts.com

Clicjk the link to the right > 2020 Indian CHALLENGER BASE/LIMITED (N20LCARR/N20LCBRR) Body, Fender, Rear, Limited N20lcarr All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts

You will need to make sure you order both Closeout Fender Uppers - #18-LH & #14-RH (Left Hand Side & Right Hand Side) plus I recommend you get the foam seal for each so they don't rub the paint on the rear fender. Only problem is your are offered a choice of the Limited colors for the Closeouts, so obviously if you are buying these for a Baseline Challenger, they are not going to match your paint.

Each Closeout Fender Upper cost $174.99 and each Foam Seal cost $1.99 - Total Cost $353.96 + tax & shipping

View attachment 623058
@HERK Is there a lower fender closeout as well? I thought there were 4 pieces total?

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
@HERK Excuse my ignorance. I'm not sure where you're getting prices. Could you tell me the costs for those parts and if any necessary seals are suggested?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,290 Posts
I'd get the seals, it helps prevent the parts from rubbing together.

Reactions: Thunder Horse

·
Registered
278 Posts
Anything available for thunder black smoke? I didn't see anything matching that color. :(
Nope. The only way to get DH colors is to choose DH and then you don't get offered Closeouts. The only way to get base model colors is to back up one step from HERK's link. When looking at the options for all parts for Base/Limited there is a separate choice for "rear fender standard". If you choose it you don't get closeouts. To summarize, and HERK also wrote this above, if you order rear fender closeouts the only color choices are for the Limited so they won't match a DH or Base model.

Reactions: IndianAZ

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
@Thunder Horse

For the Thunder Black Pearl Parts (Paint-666)
The two (2)-upper closeouts are $174.99 each (per the diagram part # 14 & 18 on the diagram)........................................................ $ 349.98
The two (2)-lower closeouts are are 169.99 each (per the diagram part # 9 & 16)............................................................................... $ 339.98
The four (4)-foam seals are $1.99 each (per the diagram part # 7 & 15).................................................................................................. $ 7.96
The two (2)-lower brackets are $29.99 each (per the diagram part # 10 & 17)....................................................................................... $ 59.98
The four (4)-screws are $1.99 each (per the diagram part # 4)................................................................................................................. $ 7.96
The one (1)-antenna closeout grommet is 2.79 (per part # 8)................................................................................................................... $ 2.79
The two (2)-grommets are $1.99 each (per part #11)................................................................................................................................ $ 3.98
The two (2)-sleves are $4.29 each (per part #12)...................................................................................................................................... $ 8.58
The two (2)-clips are $2.49 each (per part #13)......................................................................................................................................... $ 4.98
Total $ 786.19 plus Tax & Shipping

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
@Thunder Horse

For the Thunder Black Pearl Parts (Paint-666)
The two (2)-upper closeouts are $174.99 each (per the diagram part # 14 & 18 on the diagram)........................................................ $ 349.98
The two (2)-lower closeouts are are 169.99 each (per the diagram part # 9 & 16)............................................................................... $ 339.98
The four (4)-foam seals are $1.99 each (per the diagram part # 7 & 15).................................................................................................. $ 7.96
The two (2)-lower brackets are $29.99 each (per the diagram part # 10 & 17)....................................................................................... $ 59.98
The four (4)-screws are $1.99 each (per the diagram part # 4)................................................................................................................. $ 7.96
The one (1)-antenna closeout grommet is 2.79 (per part # 8)................................................................................................................... $ 2.79
The two (2)-grommets are $1.99 each (per part #11)................................................................................................................................ $ 3.98
The two (2)-sleves are $4.29 each (per part #12)...................................................................................................................................... $ 8.58
The two (2)-clips are $2.49 each (per part #13)......................................................................................................................................... $ 4.98
Total $ 786.19 plus Tax & Shipping
@HERK That is very helpful. Thank you!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts