Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I did a demo ride of both two weeks ago and both bikes impressed me. For some reason the Vintage felt like it had a little more leg room and felt more responsive. I am 6'3 230 and currently a Victory owner. Did any other tall riders feel thus way about vintage vs chieftan or am cracking up

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I've demo'd the Classic and Vintage once each and the Chieftan three times. I wear 32' length pants and 35' sleeves. I felt stretched out (a bit too stretched out, in fact) on the Classic/Vintage. The Chieftan, for me, felt slightly tight... something I got used to by my third demo ride though. I thought the Chieftan's slow speed maneuvering was a bit easier, apparently attributed to the slightly shorter wheel-base and 4 degrees less rake than the Classic/Vintage.
I loved all 3 models and hope to own one some day. :)
...MDHawk

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoy the Chieftain even totally like the looks of it Fairing and all .. Fit me like a Glove as well .. Giving them time to prove theirselves and that may be my last Ride ..

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I wish Indian had the same steeper rake on all the models, that and hard bags (locking and easier to maintain) not being available for the Vintage changed my mind. I liked the handling and quicker turn in on the Chieftain so much I switched my order from a Vintage to the Chieftain.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
14030 said:
I did a demo ride of both two weeks ago and both bikes impressed me. For some reason the Vintage felt like it had a little more leg room and felt more responsive. I am 6'3 230 and currently a Victory owner. Did any other tall riders feel thus way about vintage vs chieftan or am cracking up
More rake, longer wheelbase and lighter weight would account for those differences. Also, as far as responsiveness, there is going to be a slight variance from the factory with the stock motor or maybe a Stage 1 had already been done on the Vintage.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I had long since pre-ordered my Vintage before I took the demo rides. I was amazed that the Chieftain actually felt like a lighter bike I guess just because of the handling. I'm a 30' inseam and not long in the arms, either. The next change on mine will be 2' pullback bars and probably the lower seat. If I had ridden them first, I may have opted for the Chieftain, but the Vintage look is tough to beat. Plus it kinda matches my 02 Spirit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts