Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Vintage (w/o Ride Command), however, I noticed a trend of members posting Ride Command mapping routes in the thread 'Did You Ride Today'. I thought it a great idea. So I created this thread for specific posts of Ride Command routes. Maybe they can be uploaded for others to download? (Don't know).

Anyway, post your recorded, favorite Ride Command routes here, and enjoy!

EQ

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
EQ,
I don't know if the GPX file formats will upload to the site. I will get one a try.
No. They won't.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Let me give that a spin.

Other options to explore:
Can the Admins put up a file sharing folder/library to hold GPX files?

I use a planning tool called Tourstart.org It is for planning routes and sharing with other members of that site. Cost is $5/mo. I plan the route, export it to a Garmin format and download it to my PC. From there, I can either put it on a USB drive and upload to the bike, or now, import it into RC in another window, and have it sync from my phone to the bike. The latter method is nice. For the most part it works well. I do have to check the route on the bike to make sure the path looked like my original.

------

EQ,
I logged into the RideCommand site and looked for a way to share my maps. Nada.
I looked at the possibility of joining the IMRG thinking you can share maps. It costs $$ but does not indicate you can share anything. So I kept my CC in my wallet.

Then I tried to bring a link from my RC account here and the RC website started it usual acting up by not refreshing the screen, i.e. no map to see. It does this often and can be frustrating. You have to log out, kill the browser window, reopen and log back in to get a refresh.
After logging back into RC -

Here is my link.
Polaris Ride Command
As this link is in my account, it may not work for someone else. Can you test it?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
FYI - the maps I posted on the other thread were screen shots of my RC map. Nice to look at, but useless if you want to follow them for navigation purposes. There has to be a better way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts