Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we are all contractually obligated to love "The World's Fastest Indian," but what other motorcycle movies are out there that you really enjoy?

I wasn't old enough to know what motorcycles were when it was released, but I still love "On Any Sunday". That scene with the turtle cracks me up every time.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way you Can..."We're the Black Widows, Feared throughout the land"

Reactions: HeavyCavalrySgt

·
Registered
767 Posts
Faster - Barry Sheene is THE MAN!
Worlds Fastest Indian - great story
Ghostrider - kind of cheesey with Nicholas Cage, but takes me back to the comic books of my youth.
On Any Sunday - it's a classic.

Long Way Round - not a movie, but a great adventure none the less.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhhh - how could I forget Faster? Outstanding movie.

It also reminded me of a "The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid"!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the " search " feature still isn't working....
Oh sorry - have we done this already? I did look for "movie" before I posted, but the hits weren't relevant.

Reactions: TN1WR

·
Registered
593 Posts
Why apologize, who gives a shit if it's been done already. Put whatever thread you want up, if folks truly had something valuable to do with their time we wouldn't be on computer looking at posts anyway. BTW, Dead in 5 Heartbeats is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hitting the Apex -

·
Founding Member
680 Posts
I like "Stone Cold" with Brian Bosworth(in 1991) because you can turn volume off and not miss anything.

The movie garnered poor reviews from critics.Rotten Tomatoes reported that 29% of reviewers gave it a favorable review, with an average rating of 4.5 out of 10. Brian Bosworth's performance in the film earned him a Razzie Award nomination for Worst New Star.

The film was a box office flop(25 million to make), drawing $2.8 million in its first week. It eventually made $9 million domestically.

·
Rider
876 Posts
'I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle' sticks in my mind, as does 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome'.

Although the Mad Max film might not be mainly about bikes, I think it's worthy of a mention because of the huge variety of weird vehicles in it. I was very impressed with the cowhide-covered car. One of those here in rural England would make the neighbours look twice (and, knowing some of them, they'd approve thoroughly).

'The Bronx Warriors' is worth a look if you have a bottle of something pretty strong, a sense of humour, and are keen to spend an hour and a half you won't get back.

·
Registered
264 Posts
some of my favorites were already mentioned: World's Fastest Indian, On Any Sunday, Long Way Round

anyone remember "Eric Von Zipper", Annette Funicelo? LOL :)

·
Silver member
3,390 Posts
Wild Hogs is a favorite in our home.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yea if your are interested in bikes in General on any Sunday is great one to watch . Worked with a guy that was racing his bike in the hill climb while they were filming there. I almost asked for his autograph. Lol

·
Bronze Member
1,582 Posts
Some others that I recall:

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man
CC and Company
Little Fauss and Big Halsy

I just saw the new Indian Wrecking Crew documentary. It's a little long but the old race footage and the interviews with the racers and mechanics is great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just finished watching The Fastest Indian on Netflix. Good movie. Favorite, we never missed On Any Sunday when it was on TV. Those were our early mini-bike and dirt bike days when that came out so the timing of it was perfect. Back then, any movie with any bike in it was good. Wild Hogs is my favorite one that was done lately.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts